Re: Spotify using mobile data even when cellular data turned off

Oodesigns
Casual Listener
Same issue here, started turning phone to flight mode to stop the downloads
Highlighted

mr_archer
Music Fan

Here's a few tips that I've uncovered to solve the issue.

Firstly, find the app named NetGuard, install it and set it to block all cell data usage from Spotify. Just click on the angled Cell Signal Strength icon next to Spotify, so it turns red with a slash, and you're all set. I've found this app so valuable is finding scores of other 3rd party apps sneaking cell data that I paid for the full version to create logs of all apps.

Next, send an email to Spotify support at support@spotify.com.  Tell them of the situation, and send them screenshots of the Cell usage, and the NetGuard logs.  After I did, I found within a few days they had it resolved.  I'm still tracking it, and blocking cell, but I haven't had an attempt for almost 2 weeks now, where before, it was only using cell, even when connected to Wifi.

Good luck. 

Highlighted

Oodesigns
Casual Listener
Thanks using it, now spotify actually says no internet connection.
Highlighted

mr_archer
Music Fan

Well, if it's not working while being restricted to Wifi, and your phone is connected to Wifi, then you need to double-check your settings.  If you can't figure it out, you need to contact support.  Ultimately, it appears it was set to run on Cell only. Check the settings.

Highlighted

Oodesigns
Casual Listener
Download over cellular was off as I believe is the default. It would still use my cellular data. I am now blocking cellular to spotify via a 3rd party app.
SUGGESTED POSTS