Free

Country

The Bahamas

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 15.2.1

My Question or Issue

I have been trying to watch a podcast(JRE) but only the audio plays and I see no option for video. I have done a clean reinstall and check all settings and set them to what they are suppose to be for video and still nothing has changed. What do I try now?

55381A6D-60C3-495A-97EB-75C66D25F196.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @nickfountain242,

Thanks for the reply.

You've mentioned that the country / region of your account is The Bahamas. The video for podcasts feature isn't currently in available in your region, so that's why you don't see a video for these episodes.

If there are any plans on making this feature available in your country, rest assured we'll post an update on our Newsroom website here.

Hope this clears things up. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Hi there @nickfountain242,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you provide us screenshots so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

If it's possible, can you have someone that usually can see the video on their device log into your device to see if the issue persists?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I took a few screenshots will the podcast was playing, but I don’t have anyone else to log into my device and try it.

Thanks

B036CCB3-06D2-45A6-AA29-203180FB6E79.png
FE945372-6BD1-429E-89DA-F6696B42168D.png
6C404B73-A028-472C-8B60-14C550171269.png
Marked as solution

Hi @nickfountain242,

Thanks for the reply.

You've mentioned that the country / region of your account is The Bahamas. The video for podcasts feature isn't currently in available in your region, so that's why you don't see a video for these episodes.

If there are any plans on making this feature available in your country, rest assured we'll post an update on our Newsroom website here.

Hope this clears things up. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I also having the exact problem but the only difference is I live in California and still not working

Hi there @Chente1,

Thank you for your post in this thread. Let's check this out together 🙂

To start with, can you let us know if this occurs on one specific device or multiple devices?

It would also be great if you can let us know if you have the same experience while listening to all podcasts that should have a video option or a specific one?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Why are some videos not available in some countries? Wouldn't you gain more by making them available everywhere?

Hey @DonPablo1994,

The content availability mostly varies due to license-related reasons and these are in the hands of the artists themselves.
Your argument is completely valid but not everything is up to us 🙂
We're here for you if any further questions come to mind!
Thanks & cheers!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I live in the USA and I can't see the video!!! You people want me to pay money for this, you're out of your mind! 

I am having the same problem in UK. The videos were working for me before, please help

Same thing happend to me.

video podcasts were playing fine one day and now its gone…

Same problem here in the UK. Podcast were working fine and now they don't. Just plays audio.

Video stopped working for me today on mac and android. NC, USA.

I just spoke with Spotify customer service and they said that video playback for podcasts has been deactivated for shared devises and it is not a fault. It is was an active decision to stop that option (the only reason I use Spotify). 

I couldn’t believe what they were saying but the clarified that we will no longer be able to share to our devices but we can watch on phone or desktop…that sucks.

Spotify is the worst audio app ever. Such a pity they bought JRE podcast and now we can't see videos

I usually use Desktop to listen to certain podcasts on occasion and it was awesome to be able to watch the videos. I know for a fact, it wasn't the maker's decision to remove them given the podcast is Distractible. Can't watch on a mobile device either, unless it only works on an actual phone- which still unable to watch cause i can barely do non-video things with my phone screen being busted.

I expect no less from Spotify given there was a point in time where you'd get 6 ads every 30 mins (might still be happening for some people), but come on that was actually a good feature.

this sucks so much, 

downloaded and became a member of spotify exclusevely for watching podcasts with JRE and video worked straight away , but right after it never worked again. please if there is a way to see Joes podcasts let me know how

Thanks for this I’m in Trinidad and Tobago (Caribbean) was wondering the same thing. We have the option to adjust the video quality, but we don’t have access to the videos anyway. For the English speaking Caribbean it’s always a headache paying full price for apps and can’t get the full set of features. 
Thanks for your assistance tho. 

What constitutes a shared device?

I also live in the US and all of a sudden around June all my video streams stopped in the app. Extremely frustrating

I am having issues now playing video on my mac. I use to be able to view them but now it is saying that it is not available,but still works on my phone. "Spotify Cant play this right now. If you the file on your computer you can import it"

Suggested posts