Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Solved!

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Hi! I'm using Spotify 0.7.4.35, on my iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.3. In online mode Spotify works ok, but I can't download playlists to offline mode. I switch on "available offline" on a playlist, but the songs won't sync (sometimes the first song gets marked with an orange exclamation mark and that's it). I use Spotify on 4 platforms, but not at once, and I just have offline playlist on two of them (one now that it doesn't work on my iPhone). This is very annoying since I usually use Spotify when I have no internet connection. Anyone having the same problems? Thankful for help.
401 Replies

Hi I have emailed Spotify many many times and they keep giving me bad replies that don't even help. I still have the same problem, my music jus won't play. It just stays at 00.00. The thing is that this is only happening on my iPhone 7 and not any other devices that I've tried.

I can't comment on an IPhone 7 but I had to uninstall the app on my 6+ and reinstalled it then had to reload the songs again to get it to work properly.
I only received cryptic replies from Spotify which never answered the issue I was having

The music finally played after the 7th time deleting and reinstalling but this isn't the first time this has happened the last time this occurre I had to delete and reinstall 3 times. The problem has fixed for now but will start happening again in a few days and when new music comes in.

I once lost all my songs, due to a payment missed, but Spotify still had my songs saved, and reloaded them upon continuance.

@Mycketsås wrote:
Hi! I'm using Spotify 0.7.4.35, on my iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.3. In online mode Spotify works ok, but I can't download playlists to offline mode. I switch on "available offline" on a playlist, but the songs won't sync (sometimes the first song gets marked with an orange exclamation mark and that's it). I use Spotify on 4 platforms, but not at once, and I just have offline playlist on two of them (one now that it doesn't work on my iPhone). This is very annoying since I usually use Spotify when I have no internet connection. Anyone having the same problems? Thankful for help.I love this app

Marked as solution

Ok after a few weeks of having the issue on my iPhone where my playlist would not show the green downward arrow as a sign that the songs were fully downloaded and also the indicatioun saying waiting to download being present I finally figured out a way to resolve. I tried everything from reinstaling app, deleting playlist, etc etc. Here is what fixed it for me.

I went on my desktop and created a playlist called TEST. I copied all the songs (266) on te other playlist with the issue to the one called TEST. I then completely deleted the original playlist with the issue. I then went to my phone and selected to download the new playlist called TEST which to my surprise only had (263) songs that downloaded. I then renamed that playlist what the other playlist was originally called. It seems that there were three songs that were causing the issue however it would show that all songs were downloaded on the original playlist and none were on green, perhaps these songs were removed by Spotify or something, either way I now have a fully downloaded playlist. I hope this helps someone and saves a lot of headaches as it did for me. 

Thank you, this solved my problem! Spotify had crashed on my pc. No every item I have is syncing the offline list again, and I am happy again! 👍🏻

@Mycketsås wrote:
Hi! I'm using Spotify 0.7.4.35, on my iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.3. In online mode Spotify works ok, but I can't download playlists to offline mode. I switch on "available offline" on a playlist, but the songs won't sync (sometimes the first song gets marked with an orange exclamation mark and that's it). I use Spotify on 4 platforms, but not at once, and I just have offline playlist on two of them (one now that it doesn't work on my iPhone). This is very annoying since I usually use Spotify when I have no internet connection. Anyone having the same problems? Thankful for help.

I paid But not WORKING!!! May!!! Lilliandtiller@hotmail.com i dont USE no moore:( lilliantmoe@gmail.com. Help

Just contact Spotify via email, and let them know your problem. Once you explain what happened, they will look into it. Spotify is probably unaware of your problem, but will fix it.

Hi,

My Spotify won't sync songs to my offline mode on my iphone 6. It’s quite inconsistent and most of the time if it is available offline it will disappear the next time I go to use it. I have 9GB left on my iPhone so it can't be that. And when I hit download something it never works or takes weeks to download then dissapears again. I tried deleting the app then redownloading it and it worked for a day then gone again.

Thanks.

Im having the same issue on my galaxy s5. The songs starts downloading but then they start over from the beginning or are gone the next day. Very frustrating. I have about 3.5 G available on SD card

Hi,

I've scanned through some of these replies and I'm having a similar issue. I have about 15 songs that refuse to download to my phone, as they are not available from Spotify. I've created a playlist with just the songs (that are on my computer and visible in the Local Files folder) and selected Download on my phone. Some files appear and the rest never appear/download/are available to me once I disconnect from my computer. I've tried erasing the songs from a playlist and readding them, then redownloading them. 

Memory - I am using the phone's storage and have 9 GB free

Device - Spotify desktop for Mac shows that it sees the device

Wifi - Both the computer and phone are on the same network

Phone Specs: 7, 10.3.1

I have tried deleting the app, reinstalling and resyncing my file. I've tried using multiple computers - my main work and my secondary one. 

Any ideas?  I can't figure out how else to troubleshoot this. 

I have just paid for spotify and when you switch the mode to download it instantly goes back to main screen saying 3 months for .99. Please help

Hello, just contact Spotify via email, and explain this, and the problem Will be solved. Enjoy Spotify, they're the best!!

My Spotify worked fine until a couple of weeks ago now suddenly my downloaded music on my iPhone 6s has now stopped playing when I'm offline?whats wrong and can you please help 

Just re-download your songs. Your songs a're still there actually. It's almost like a refresh. Try this. If that doesn't work just contact Spotify via email and explain the situation.

What if all your songs were not in a play list?  Do I have to sync them one at a time?

I had all my songs/albums/playlists available offline and cancelled iTunes, which is what my Spotify premium was running through.  I've signed back up directly with spotify and all my songs are still listed but online only.

Is there any setting that will sync EVERYTHING again?

Thanks

Marked as solution

Yes re-sync everything. 

After reading about the offline problems there is no way I'll get Spotify.

Suggested posts