Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Local files not downloading onto iPhone.

I have ~30 local files on my laptop however they do not show up on my iPhone 5. When I look at the playlists in the menu on my phone it says there are 30 songs, however when I press on the playlist to go to it, none show up at all. I have premium and...

• I have ~30 local files on my laptop however they do not show up on my iPhone 5. When I look at the playlists in the menu on my phone it says there are 30 songs, however when I press on the playlist t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth connected, song "plays" but no audio playing through car

I have an iPhone 6s (11.3.1), and when I start my car (Mazda CX-9) the bluetooth connects as it should, and phone call audio works as it should, but sometimes, just sometimes, Spotify audio will not come through the car's sound system. Spotify shows ...

• I have an iPhone 6s (11.3.1), and when I start my car (Mazda CX-9) the bluetooth connects as it should, and phone call audio works as it should, but sometimes, just sometimes, Spotify audio will not ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

PLaylist disapear

Today I went to go on one of my playlists and they are all gone! I am a premium Spotify member and I have tried to log off and back on and check my Facebook and nothing is working. Please help!

• Today I went to go on one of my playlists and they are all gone! I am a premium Spotify member and I have tried to log off and back on and check my Facebook and nothing is working. Please help!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

new update

Recently I heard there was a new update that changed a lot for the app. I went to the app store to manually update it, but it wasn't the right update. Nothing about the app changed. I tried re downloading it but I just got the same version i had befo...

• Recently I heard there was a new update that changed a lot for the app. I went to the app store to manually update it, but it wasn't the right update. Nothing about the app changed. I tried re downlo...
  • ParentalControl
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding things to my playlist without consent

Why is Spotify doing this, is it a deliberate thing to make people use premium? By force adding songs and then just adding more songs in the queue when you remove a song that they added? ugh, I like to have artist specific stuff and not have to waste...

• Casual Listener
  • Why is Spotify doing this, is it a deliberate thing to make people use premium? By force adding songs and then just adding more songs in the queue when you remove a song that they added?   ugh...
  • ParentalControl
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

HOW DO I DOWNLOAD A PLAYLIST SO I CAN LISTEN TO IT OFFLINE?

I have spotify premium and my playlist doesn't download no matter what i do. When i turn on the download button it just says downloading for a few seconds and then it says waiting to download and it stays like that. i have enough storage space and i ...

• Visitor
  • I have spotify premium and my playlist doesn't download no matter what i do. When i turn on the download button it just says downloading for a few seconds and then it says waiting to download and it ...
  • JackBeau
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

followers only see a small piece of my public playlists

I'm a fairly new premium user and have made 40 or so of my playlists public. My friends who have tried to listen to them can only listen to a fraction -- say 7 or 8 out of 20 -- songs from these lists. The playlists were originally transferred in fro...

• I'm a fairly new premium user and have made 40 or so of my playlists public.  My friends who have tried to listen to them can only listen to a fraction -- say 7 or 8 out of 20 -- songs from t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New update and Rap Caviar/Rock This

Previously, Rap Caviar and Rock This were two special playlists, in that they were “play on demand”, had videos in their playlist, and are the top thing as far as current trends happening in their respective genres. with the new update, that’s not th...

• Regular
  • Previously, Rap Caviar and Rock This were two special playlists, in that they were “play on demand”, had videos in their playlist, and are the top thing as far as current trends happening in their re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Last.fm

Last.fm will not scrobble anything from spotify anymore. idk what to do. When I am playing a song it says on Last.fm that I am listening to it but when I finish, the scrobble disappears. I have tried reconneting my account. I have tried deleting last...

• Casual Listener
  • Last.fm will not scrobble anything from spotify anymore. idk what to do. When I am playing a song it says on Last.fm that I am listening to it but when I finish, the scrobble disappears. I have tried...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Does Spotify only scrobble to last.fm if I listen to the whole song?

Questions in the title.I dont know if things have changed. But I remember that I have to listen 50 % of the song to appear in the last.fm page. So can you tell me if things have changed or do I have to change something?Thanks in advance.

• Regular
  • Questions in the title. I dont know if things have changed. But I remember that I have to listen 50 % of the song to appear in the last.fm page.   So can you tell me if things have changed ...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Heart icon missing for video loops

The heart and don’t play again buttons are missing when a song in my daily mix has a video loop. The interface changes slightly compared to a regular song. Anyone has any idea where they are hiding?

• The heart and don’t play again buttons are missing when a song in my daily mix has a video loop. The interface changes slightly compared to a regular song. Anyone has any idea where they are hiding?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist name is hidden when album title is too long

Album title should be clipped to one line and "..." at the end when it is longer than one line in album list view because artist name is not shown at all in this case. See attached screenshot.

• Gig Goer
  • Album title should be clipped to one line and "..." at the end when it is longer than one line in album list view because artist name is not shown at all in this case. See attached screenshot.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Layout
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music consistently pauses up to 5x in a row. Very frustrating

I have downloaded spotify premium for about 2 months now and randomly I will get these pause spikes where I have to manually press the play button to get the song going again. some times right after I press the play button a second later it will paus...

• I have downloaded spotify premium for about 2 months now and randomly I will get these pause spikes where I have to manually press the play button to get the song going again. some times right after ...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

“Don’t play again” button missing in Premium version

Hi! Love the app. I’ve started using it with free version and fall in love with “don’t play this song again” story and lots of other things like “your daily mix”. So after a month I decided to buy a premium version. And to my disappointment those fun...

• Hi! Love the app. I’ve started using it with free version and fall in love with “don’t play this song again” story and lots of other things like “your daily mix”. So after a month I decided to buy a ...
  • steragni
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 11 likes

OVO Lushlife Luxury Apartments and Penthouses at Undri, Pune

OVO Lushlife Luxury Apartments and Penthouses at Undri, Pune OVO Lushlife OVO Lushlife Reviews 2 BHK, 3 BHK and 4 BHK Luxury Apartments Pune OVO Lushlife ReviewsOVO Lushlife Reviews Luxury Apartments and Penthouses at Undri, Pune OVO Lushlife Reviews...

• Casual Listener
  • OVO Lushlife Luxury Apartments and Penthouses at Undri, Pune OVO Lushlife  OVO Lushlife Reviews 2 BHK, 3 BHK and 4 BHK Luxury Apartments Pune OVO Lushlife Reviews OVO Lushlife Reviews Lux...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium upgrade

I’ve tried to get premium on my app after I was taken off a family account, but it says I cannot download premium on this app? Help please I’ve deleted accounts and everything

• I’ve tried to get premium on my app after I was taken off a family account, but it says I cannot download premium on this app? Help please I’ve deleted accounts and everything 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone s7 and Pioneer radio connection issues

Hey Guys i have a Pioneer radio in my car avh-6300btMand yes its iPod prepared but when i connect my phone by cable it sees the telephone it shows me format read and then it says ready but as soon as i hit start on my phone to play a song it starts t...

• Hey Guys    i have a Pioneer radio in my car avh-6300bt Mand yes its iPod prepared but when i connect my phone by cable it sees the telephone it shows me format read and then it say...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unexpectedly losing downloads

Hi. This will be the 2nd time I’ve messaged about this. The first time it was recommended to uninstall/reinstall my app. I have done that. It hasn’t fixed the problem. I have been using Spotify for a couple of years and every now and then my phone lo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. This will be the 2nd time I’ve messaged about this. The first time it was recommended to uninstall/reinstall my app. I have done that. It hasn’t fixed the problem. I have been using Spotify for a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Scrolling through songs causes crash

If I scroll through my saved songs, and scroll as far as “R” the app freezes for a few seconds, and then immediately crashes. This happens every single time. (iOS 11.2.6, iPhone 6 Plus)

• Casual Listener
  • If I scroll through my saved songs, and scroll as far as “R” the app freezes for a few seconds, and then immediately crashes. This happens every single time. (iOS 11.2.6, iPhone 6 Plus)
  • dannychewessa
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Syncing local files from macbook to iPhone

I cannot "add" local files to Spotify on the iPhone.I've followed the directions to add them on my macbook, created a playlist, that's perfect.I open Spotify app on phone, the playlist shows up.I tap the playlist, and instead of seeing the tracklisti...

• Regular
  • I cannot "add" local files to Spotify on the iPhone. I've followed the directions to add them on my macbook, created a playlist, that's perfect. I open Spotify app on phone, the playlist shows up. ...
  • dannychewessa
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes