Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify x iOS 11 trouble

Solved!

Spotify x iOS 11 trouble

Hello,

I use iOS 11 since yesterday.

When I listen music on Spotify and I lock my screen, I can't remote the music with my Air Buds. No next song, no previous, no play, no stop. Neither the application shows up on the lock screen.

Is it a bug or should I something to set in the new OS?

Benjamin

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just solved the problem.

Only the easiest thing didn't come in my mind 😄

I made a "Soft reset" (Home + Lock button, until the device is restart) [or just simply Shut down your phone] on my iPhone and everything is now working fine!

Try this solution.

If it doesn't work, try these steps:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/iOS-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/105341

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hello! 

I have the same problem. 

I ve simply shut down and then open  (on ios11) and now it s ok. i have the spotify player on my lockscreen 😉 

View solution in original post

29 Replies

I also got a Problem, when listening to spotify and then connecting to a bluetooth device (earphones, hifi, car audio) it starts automatically apples Musicplayer (even if there is no Music so far) instead of using spotify, which worked perfectly on iOS 10.x.

after starting spotify manually again, i cant use the player control on my lockscreen..

Having the same problem. No Spotify on lock screen or control center. And if I press pause or skip on my headphones it opens Apple Music player. Is this permanent?

I’m having the same issue and I’m so disappointed 😞 please tell me there’s a way around this!!! 

Marked as solution

I just solved the problem.

Only the easiest thing didn't come in my mind 😄

I made a "Soft reset" (Home + Lock button, until the device is restart) [or just simply Shut down your phone] on my iPhone and everything is now working fine!

Try this solution.

If it doesn't work, try these steps:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/iOS-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/105341

Seems to be two issues one on the Bluetooth Connection and a Second on third party Music players, it shouldnt be like this, Apple will fix this bug, hopefully soon. A Apple reseller coworker told me so, also having similar issues

Marked as solution

Hello! 

I have the same problem. 

I ve simply shut down and then open  (on ios11) and now it s ok. i have the spotify player on my lockscreen 😉 

For the record, restating your iphone is only a temp fix since the issue will occur again.

i did the soft reset and also logged out of Spotify. logged back in and the remote is working on my headphones, as well as acces to spotify music whilst the screen is locked.  

My main problem is before i updated my phone to ios 11, i was able to answer phone calls through my bluetooth in my car and the song would automatically resume without having the do anything. Now, if i get a phone call in my car i have to close the spotify app and reopen it. AND normally the music would stop once i get out of my car and turn my car off but now i'll get out of my car and the music continues to play on my phone... super annoying.

I’m having this same issue! Exactly! The music player just continues on in silence and I have to close the app and reopen it to get it to work. Also same with the music continuing after removing the Aux cord. 

Commenting to keep updated on a fix!

There was an update for both Spotify (version 8.4.20) and iOS (11.0.1) recently (this morning and last night respectively), did either of those fix it?

Hello,

I didn’t have any problem since I fixed it with the restart so I can’t say if it’s work 🙂 Anyway my phone is smoother since the 11.0.1 iOS update.

It happened again. I think at the moment, the new iOS doesn't like mixing between music players (Spotify and the Music app) I logged out of Spotify and logged back in and also did a master reset, which it fixed it again. apparently with the updated patch for iOS 11, this has now been fixed, but i haven't had a chance to download and install. 

Hello, 

I recently updated to the newest version, 11.0.1, and I also have the most current version of Spotify. After performing the hard reset last night, the issue appeared to be fixed as I could control my music and Bluetooth hesdset like normal. However, the next morning I could no longer perform those same functions! I just performed another hard reset and for the moment, the issue is fixed once again. Doesn’t seem like a permanent solution. Very frustrating when trying to change songs or make phone calls! 

Currently dealing with this on my Mazda 6 through Bluetooth. Not only that, no artist information is coming for me like usual before the iOS 11 update. Ever since I did it, this whole week has been annoying so far in traffic. 

I have spoken to APPLE today and they sugested this is a Spotify issue and it up to them to update their APP to be compatable with IOS 11, im having the issue in my car where my itunes opens and plays music and my itunes is turned off from 4g and no music is stored on my phone so i dont understand how its happening. When i do a restart Spotify works again, but is temp and back to not working next day.

Same issue with my F150. No longer autoplays when I start my truck and have to open the app on the phone and change songs through app instead of through radio/steering wheel controls.

I tried and it worked for a while, and then problem happened again.

This is still an issue for me. Only temporary fix is to restart my iPhone. But the issue comes back a couple of days later.

On iOS 11.0.2, Spotify version 8.4.20.535.

Very frustrating

Suggested posts