Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscription gone wrong (via iTunes)

Solved!

Subscription gone wrong (via iTunes)

Hi!

It's the second time in a week that when I update my Spotify account to the Premium version, paying it with my iTunes credit, when I open the app it shows I still have the free version.

The  first time it happened I asked Apple for a refund and they gave it to me. This time they said that they can't give me back my money and I think it's right because it's not they're fault. I also contact Spotify's support and they told me they can't do nothing about it because they didn't get the payment so I have to contact Apple to ask for another refund.

So, let me understand, the money I paid are lost somewhere and nobody has them?

Can someone help me out with this situation, please?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

HI @RiccardoBalbina. If you're managing your subscription through Apple then only they will be able to resolve the situation, unfortunately. As you've already done, the way forward in this instance would be to reach out to Apple support and request that they resolve this issue. Once you get your refund I would strongly urge you to subscribe to premium through Spotify directly, here, which will save you $3 a month. You won't be able to use iTunes gift cards to pay for premium, but I do strongly recommend the switch.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or anything else I could help you with.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

HI @RiccardoBalbina. If you're managing your subscription through Apple then only they will be able to resolve the situation, unfortunately. As you've already done, the way forward in this instance would be to reach out to Apple support and request that they resolve this issue. Once you get your refund I would strongly urge you to subscribe to premium through Spotify directly, here, which will save you $3 a month. You won't be able to use iTunes gift cards to pay for premium, but I do strongly recommend the switch.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or anything else I could help you with.

I'm going to benefit from this conversation to ask a follow up question. I just cancelled my premium subscription via Apple due to the $3 premium (30% fee charged via app store) - I want to upgrade to premium and get the free trial month that I never got via Apple. Feasible? Doesn't seem like it from my account settings. Thanks in advance 🙂

Hi @Ducm. Unfortunately since your account has already been subscribed to premium, even though it wasn't directly through Spotify, your account does not qualify for the trial offer. Sorry for not having better news. Cheers! 

Suggested posts