Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing really slow

Syncing really slow

Syncing my playlists is painfully slow and keeps stopping.
I've tried deleting and re downloading the app onto my iphone5.
I've tried syncing just served tracks and syncing each play list one at a time but still no luck!
Please help as I'm about to pull my hair out.
8 Replies

Hi, did you resolve this issue? I've started experiencing this (on PC). Everything had been fine before. Not changed anything.

@awinterbone wrote:

Hi, did you resolve this issue? I've started experiencing this (on PC). Everything had been fine before. Not changed anything.

When you say synching slow, can you describe in a little more detail the behaviour you are getting? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Well, yes I can... up until a day or two ago, synching was mostly very fast, a few seconds to sync an album's worth of tracks. Now it takes longer to sync a single track than it takes to play, so that playback catches up and then stops.

I'm in the habit of synching all music played (which is then 'un-synched' once played) as real-time streaming doesn't work very well for me. The music pauses at frequent intrervals. My broadband speed varies slightly between 7 - 8 Mbps, rarely less.

Thanks!

Strange, what version of iOS are you using? Also how much free storage space do you have on your device? 

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter, I'm using a desk-top running Windows XP Pro, Soptify version is 0.9.1.57.ge7405149.

I have about 30Gb of free space.

Thanks for quick reply!

Ah I was confused since this is the iOS section my bad! 

First thing to try is go to Edit > Preferences > Playback > Untick "Enable Hardware Acceleration" and then restart the client and see if that makes any difference. Hardware acceleration is known to cause issues on Windows XP.

If that doesn't help, it might be worth a clean reinstallation just to rule out the client being a pain, but you will sadly need to resync all of your offline stored content. 

On another note, do you notice it getting worse at any particular time of day? 

Peter

Peter

oops yes so it is! I searched fo the most appropriate thread and this seemed to it it. Will try your suggestions and report back, ta. Problem doesn't seem to be related to time of day by the way...

Hi Peter, having now reinstalled and made the preference change, I can report that there's been an improvement... playback should stay ahead of synching now at least! Still not as good as it was though, hopefully it's only a temporary problem. Thanks for your help.

Suggested posts