Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing to Mobile issues

Syncing to Mobile issues

Ok so i don't think I had this problem when I did it the first time. Had to get a new phone though. So I have made a bunch of offline playlist and sync them to my phone. But you have to have the spotify App open on my phone for it to show up on the desktop client. But the second my phone falls asleep it stops syncing and is not shown in the desktop client. Why is this? I have it conneted to wifi and plugged in.

7 Replies

I have the exact same problem as tobyharriman.  I have tried it many times and it never works so I have never been able to use Spotify on my phone.  Thx!

Settings > General > Auto-Lock > Never

then open the Spotify app and leave it open and put the phone down without locking it then when its done syncing just change it back to 1 minute or whatever you had the Auto-Lock set to.

Yeah I know that is one solution for sure. But I know I have done before without having to do that, and I don't want to do that everytime I want it to update/sync though. I add songs all the time and just want it to sync when I am on wifi or even if I just plug it in. 

Is that possible still? 

Usually I get a message after about 10 minutes and it says somethings like "Syncing has stopped because your phone is idle or the Spotify app has closed" or something like that on the iPhone.

But I don't see the issue if you sync all your music plugged in Auto-Lock Never then from their on if should just sync the songs when you in wifi or 3g depending on your settings. If not synced they should at least show up in the playlist on your iPhone when you add them to the desktop application without doing anything.

This should not be a solution for Spotify to sync music.  Bad UX! 

But I'll use this fix for now on my iPhone. Thanks.

Agreed. 

While this solution works, it is retarded behaviour. In fact it behaves diametrically opposite to how it should. 

When you're not using the phone is precisely when it should sync!

To require people to jump through hoops is a terrible idea. And doesn't even work for many, for example with a company policy controlling the locking preferences.

If your water scooter doesn't work unless you have an umbrella with you, the solution is not to tell everyone to go buy an umbrella.

Please give kudos to my idea that they should change this behaviour:-

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Allow-spotify-to-sync-on-a-mobile-device-when-it-is-id...

Suggested posts