Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Thoughts on Three Dots Button

Thoughts on Three Dots Button

Today it's a trend to put all functions under three dots button (…), but this also means there should be easy access for it. On contrary, Spotify puts it on the top of the screen. Nowadays devices have screens near 6 inches or even larger. With these sizes it makes the button almost unreachable. Is there any way to make it more comfortable to use? Thanks.

3players.jpg
3 Replies

Hi @Onewave,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

I think that this is a good idea as well, and there are currently a couple of live ideas in the Ideas Exchange of the Spotify Community that are similar to your suggestions. Feel free to vote for this idea regarding making the three-dots menu bigger on mobile devices, as well as to add your feedback in the comments section. You can also feel free to vote for this idea regarding moving the three-dots menu lower on the screen of Android devices, and add a comment requesting that such changes be made for iOS mobile devices as well.

Or, if you have a slightly different idea in mind, feel free to post it here in the Ideas Exchange.

You can read more about how feedback on Ideas reaches Spotify here.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@AdamDam wrote:

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Well, if you say so. Doesn't Spotify player look a bit outdated to you? Or is it only for my eye? Random background color is not helping at all. Would be nice to have an option to turn it off.

Here's what I've found on official spotify.com/discoverweekly page. Old UI looks more clean, more simple, 3-dots button is easy to reach. There's also inactive idea to move button down, back to its original place. Please activate it, so people could vote for it.

new-discover-slide3

Suggested posts