Premium

Country

US

Device

iPad Pro 2018 11”

Operating System

iPadOS 15

My Question or Issue

When using the Spotify iPad app (2018 11” iPad Pro in my case) the Timestamps do not show on the player in the bottom left hand corner. This is especially annoying when listening to podcasts that have specific Timestamp chapters in their description, but you need to click into the larger full-screen player to see current progress. This full screen player doesn’t show the description, causing users to constantly flip back and forth between the two. Screenshots below:

BC1052B1-B6CF-4197-B44E-818E6C7A0AE1.jpeg1532D197-652E-40EA-8643-D1A1E1D50C1D.jpeg

3 Replies

Hi @FebFrost,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting!

We've tested this on our side and can confirm that this is a normal behavior while you have the app in that view. The timestamp information should appear/disappear when you touch the player, play, pause or drag the progress bar. 

If you'd like to have this changed, you're welcome to submit an idea asking for a permanent progress bar on iPad. 

In this article you can find the steps to submit it. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the response. I’ve submitted the idea.

Pretty terrible choice by the UI team and I don’t really see any argument for why it would behave that way. This behavior doesn’t happen on mobile or desktop. Such a small thing that makes podcast listening on iPad very annoying. Would love if you could make sure the idea gets to the right team.

Hey @FebFrost,

Thanks for your reply.

We appreciate your feedback on this matter. We've gone ahead and marked your idea as a New Suggestion. Remember that you can read how the ideas process work in the last link that @MafeG shared above.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts