Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Touch Preview Removed

Touch Preview Removed

I'm on version 8.4.16.483 which was just pushed out today and besides some minor ui tweaks, it appears that the touch preview feature has been removed. Which is a shame, because it was one of my most used features in music discovery, and one of the essential features which keeps me with Spotify instead of other music streaming services.

It was a terrible idea to remove this feature, and I hope it will swiftly be added back in a future update. Because this feature is no longer present in Spotify, I feel less attached to the service as a whole, and am more likely to reassess moving over Google Play Music or Apple Music, which offer better local music integration than Spotify.
35 Replies

Please bring this back Spotify!

When you have a playlist on connect and want to just preview another song on your local device before adding it to your queue. Can’t do that any more. 

PLEASE BRING THIS FEATURE BACK!!!

Hey everyone,

I'd recommend adding your support to this idea and posting your feedback there so the right people/teams can see it 🙂

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

• Bring it back please!

Terrible update. Why remove a great feature that distinguishes your service regardless of a low engagement?? PROMOTE THE FEATURE BETTER SO PEOPLE KNOW IT EXISTS!! Most ppl I spoke with had no idea the feature existed, but loved it instantly when I showed it to them. Please bring it back, or I'm cancelling my subscription the moment I graduate and no longer get your student discount (one of the only reasons it's preferable to other streaming services). 

This needs to be included & features like lyrics on dektop, notifications..

FFS SPOTIFY I’VE ALREADY POSTED ON HERE AND I’M STILL ANNOYED! There have been SO many instances where I have gone to use touch preview and then remembered it doesn’t exist anymore! It just angers me! BRING IT BACK!!

Please bring this feature back! It was the most unique thing and very cool.

I agree, it's a shame they don't get listeners feedback before removing such a large feature, I'm disappointed it's not available anymore 

I completely agree with this post song preview was one of my most used features on Spotify and loved it because I could hear a song and not have to actually click on it and skip through it. I used this feature every single day and was one of the reasons I used Spotify but I just updated and realized they don’t have touch preview anymore and now I’m upset. Hopefully this is replaced because it was a great feature and there was no reason to remove it.

Me toooo

Over 5 months later and I’m still salty about this...

Sorry to hear that. Lets vote in idea.

I’m pretty **bleep** this was removed too.  It was a unique feature and made things very simple when previewing new artists.  You say it had a low engagement rate? Well I’ll bet because a lot of people didn’t know about it.  Still what’s the harm in leaving it in for the ones that do use it? C’mon Spotify! 

Suggested posts