Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks not being clicked - iOS

Tracks not being clicked - iOS

If you check the video that I've been facing since long time now. First on my iPhone 11 (iOS 13 and 14) and now iPhone 12. The tracks don't just seem to get clicked. It's frustrating. It keeps happening randomly.

5 Replies

Hi there @abhilash2908,

thanks for reaching out !

In cases like these, I'd totally recommend try a clean reinstall (a bit different than the usual one) to help the system get rid of corrupted files that may have been causing this issue.

Try the steps provided here and let me how it goes 🙂

Thing is, this issue occurred on my iPhone 11 earlier. And now, after I upgraded to a 12 mini, the problem still persists.

I've tried reinstalling the app as well but no luck.

Hey @abhilash2908

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your phone to check if the issue persists with a different account?

Additionally, we suggest that you make sure that there aren't any cache clearing or battery optimization apps/settings running for Spotify in your phone.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Take a look at the video that I've attached. I found the pattern!
Whenever I try to navigate to any artist's page through 'fans also like' section, I'm unable to play any of that artist's song.
Once this buggy context is created, it doesn't matter even if I manually search this artist again and try to play any of its songs. I either need to try playing some other artist or kill the app and replay. This is an assured bug!

Hey @abhilash2908

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Could you confirm if you see any difference as well after trying out what @Eni suggested? Logging in to a different Spotify account on the same device might indicate if the issue is account-related. You can borrow the login details from a friend or relative, or simply create a free test account following these steps. 

If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Suggested posts