Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trouble syncing onto iphone

Trouble syncing onto iphone

I have an iphone4s and I have been trying to sync a playlist for offline listening with my premium account because I'm going to be driving for five hours and don't want to waste cellular data and won't be connected to wifi.  I have over 1GB of free space on my phone.  I went to my playlist and switched the switch so that it is "avaliable offline."  Grey little circles with arrows appear but they don't turn green and it's been like this for about 30 minutes. When I press edit it only gives me the option of deleting songs off my playlist not the option off clicking the circled arrows!  Please help!!

11 Replies

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community!

I'll be more than happy to help get things syncing as they should be.

First up, could I double check whether you're trying to sync local files, tracks from our catalogue, or a mixture of the two?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Trying to sync track from the catalogue that I have saved in a playlist

Thanks. Have you ever had trouble syncing previously?

Could you create a new playlist with a couple of tracks and try syncing it over 3G for us? This will help us to determine whether the issue is connection related.

Follow me on Spotify.

I've never synced anything before so I think that might be part of the problem, I'm not sure if I'm doing it right

No worries! Could you give these steps a try (just click the tab for iPhone) and let us know if it makes any difference?

Follow me on Spotify.

That is what I've been doing and not a single arrow has changed to green and its been over half an hour

Thanks for confirming. Did you try syncing a couple of tracks over 3G?

Follow me on Spotify.

Yes and it is the same issue with the arrow not turning green

Thanks. Next up, please reinstall Spotify and give syncing another try. Any change?

Follow me on Spotify.

Just did that and it's still doing the same thing.  is there antrhing besides pushing the avaliable offline switch that I need to be doing?

As long as you have enough space free, tapping the Available Offline button should start things syncing. 

It's odd that you have 1GB free and aren't able to sync over both wifi and 3G.

Could you try a soft reset of your iPhone by holding down both the power and home buttons for 10 seconds (until you see Apple logo). Sometimes this fixes problems such as these. Keep us updated!

Follow me on Spotify.

Suggested posts