Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using Spotify Basic on iPod Touch 6th gen

Solved!

Using Spotify Basic on iPod Touch 6th gen

Got a new iPod touch for Christmas, downloaded the Spotify app for it. With just having a basic account, the functionality of the app appears very limited. You can't choose to play individual songs, it seems like you can only shuffle play. I do not mind listening to ads at all, I just want to confirm that this is the case for all users trying to use Spotify basic on an iPod touch and not just an error on my part. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi drewm_55!

Welcome to the Spotify community! 🙂
Yes, the basic version of the service is rather limited for custom control. If you decide to upgrade to Premium in the future you can gain access to alot more features. This includes the ability to download music for offline listening on your device and unlimited song skips/rewinds. There is also a helpful chart listed here that shows the subscription service levels on each device.

Enjoy!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi drewm_55!

Welcome to the Spotify community! 🙂
Yes, the basic version of the service is rather limited for custom control. If you decide to upgrade to Premium in the future you can gain access to alot more features. This includes the ability to download music for offline listening on your device and unlimited song skips/rewinds. There is also a helpful chart listed here that shows the subscription service levels on each device.

Enjoy!

Suggested posts