Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes

Spotify skipping songs and pausing randomly

Hi there, I’ve been having problems with my Spotify after installing the new iOS. My Spotify is skipping and pausing songs randomly when I’m not even touching my phone. It’s really annoying and disruptive. I’ve tried reinstalling the app and it hasn’...

• Hi there, I’ve been having problems with my Spotify after installing the new iOS. My Spotify is skipping and pausing songs randomly when I’m not even touching my phone. It’s really annoying and disru...
  • lucamotterle
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect causes music to play at max volume

Music is being played on iPhoneMac picks up the session with Spotify ConnectSpotify Mac App volume (not Mac system volume) is set to the level the iPhone was playing, and is thus comparitively quietSpotify Mac App volume is set back to maxiPhone pick...

• Casual Listener
  • Music is being played on iPhone Mac picks up the session with Spotify Connect Spotify Mac App volume (not Mac system volume) is set to the level the iPhone was playing, and is thus comparitively qu...
  • CryticalAce
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify glitchy on CarPlay iOS 11

I've noticed that using Spotify with CarPlay after upgrading to iOS 11 has become extremely glitchy. Not only does the app take forever to boot up, it also requires me to unlock my phone before it will start up on CarPlay - this sort of defeats the h...

• I've noticed that using Spotify with CarPlay after upgrading to iOS 11 has become extremely glitchy. Not only does the app take forever to boot up, it also requires me to unlock my phone before it wi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not recognized as music source

Since I updated my iPhone, Spotify constantly is not recognized as a music source. Although I can still listen to music on my phone, I can’t connect my phone to my car or control the music with the easy access controls on headphones or lock screen. I...

• Since I updated my iPhone, Spotify constantly is not recognized as a music source. Although I can still listen to music on my phone, I can’t connect my phone to my car or control the music with the e...
  • krischanstclair
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Favorite/Remove vs Like/Dislike

Hi. I am kind of confused with the system Favorite/Remove in Daily Mixes for instance versus Like/Dislike in Stations. Why the need for those differences and what does it bring exactly? ThxB.

• Roadie
  • Hi.   I am kind of confused with the system Favorite/Remove in Daily Mixes for instance versus Like/Dislike in Stations.   Why the need for those differences and what does it ...
  • JumpingJack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

notificaciones no funciona

llevo muchos meses que no recibo notifiaciones cuando se añaden temas a una playlist y eso que soy premium y tengo iphone 6s, segui todas las indicaciones que muestran en la pagina web y aun asi no funcionan las notificaciones, tengo la configuración...

• Casual Listener
  • llevo muchos meses que no recibo notifiaciones cuando se añaden temas a una playlist y eso que soy premium y tengo iphone 6s, segui todas las indicaciones que muestran en la pagina web y aun asi no f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS 11 control center

When I play music through the Spotify app I cannot control my music through the control center, I also cannot control it through the lock screen. I updated my phone to iOS 11 yesterday so I’m guessing the software just isn’t up to date. But if that i...

• When I play music through the Spotify app I cannot control my music through the control center, I also cannot control it through the lock screen. I updated my phone to iOS 11 yesterday so I’m guessin...
  • Intro69
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 13 likes

Text clipping on iPhone 5/5S/SE

Kinda trivial but ‘Your Library’ text tab bottom right is clipped off becuase text is too large.

• Kinda trivial but ‘Your Library’ text tab bottom right is clipped off becuase text is too large.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No Radio Option

Hi, I am a Spotify Premium member, and I've noticed in the last couple of days my radio option has disappeared. So I only have access now to search music manually, or listen to music I've already saved. WHY?!?

• Hi,   I am a Spotify Premium member, and I've noticed in the last couple of days my radio option has disappeared. So I only have access now to search music manually, or listen to music I've al...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Download your saved albums

Hello, I stop the use of iTunes for Spotify, but I don’t know how to download every saved album in my iPhone, like I would have offline every song not only to listen but to discover some songs from bands i know I like and I saved the album for later,...

• Regular
  • Hello, I stop the use of iTunes for Spotify, but I don’t know how to download every saved album in my iPhone, like I would have offline every song not only to listen but to discover some songs from b...
  • LeoRager
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • downloading
    everything
    saved albums
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Collaborative playlists showing up in public playlists

Hello, I can't seem to find a topic about this, just ones about people trying to make a collaborative playlist public and I weirdly have the exact opposite. I know a playlist automatically becomes private once you make it collaborative but; two of my...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I can't seem to find a topic about this, just ones about people trying to make a collaborative playlist public and I weirdly have the exact opposite. I know a playlist automatically becomes p...
  • soundson
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • collaborative
    Playlists
    Public
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Download in the right order / how to get Spotify prioritize relevant music when dowloading

Is there a possibility to determine, which songs get downloaded first?I do not understand, how Spotify decides which songs to download first. Unfortuntely, music, which is on some playlists is downloaded before some albums, wich I really want to list...

• Is there a possibility to determine, which songs get downloaded first? I do not understand, how Spotify decides which songs to download first. Unfortuntely, music, which is on some playlists is down...
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes

Spotify Connect with devices on iOS

I'm using spotify connect for several years now and very happy with the concept of it. But the last few weeks, it's starting to get unstable. I have a Yamaha AV Receiver and a Libratone Zipp Mini. Almost each day, my iphone 8 Plus doesn't discover on...

• I'm using spotify connect for several years now and very happy with the concept of it. But the last few weeks, it's starting to get unstable.   I have a Yamaha AV Receiver and a Libratone Zipp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing bottom bar on a specific playlist

I'm having problems with only one playlist. It's one of those playlists where more than one person can add music and listen to the playlist. Every time I go to listen to a song on the playlist the bottom bar disappears and I can't change songs, pause...

• I'm having problems with only one playlist. It's one of those playlists where more than one person can add music and listen to the playlist. Every time I go to listen to a song on the playlist the bo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Used up all my data even when turned off.

Didn't really realize, a few times I was like "hm didn't know I had this download!" But dispite data being off for spotify and telling me I need it on to play songs that were not download it would still play them (pictured) Is this my provider, apple...

• Didn't really realize, a few times I was like "hm didn't know I had this download!"  But dispite data being off for spotify and telling me I need it on to play songs that were not download it w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify 30 day free trial

I started my free trial on the mobile app, it's 7 day trial. I want to be able to get the thirty day trial also before I'm charged for premium this is what my account looks like on the site. When I try to enable 30 day link from the site it just relo...

• Casual Listener
  • I started my free trial on the mobile app, it's 7 day trial. I want to be able to get the thirty day trial also before I'm charged for premium this is what my account looks like on the site. When I t...
  • elliesmith0222
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile app search?

Why can I no longer search or access my “songs” library from my mobile app on iPhone? I sure can’t figure out how if I can....

• Why can I no longer search or access my “songs” library from my mobile app on iPhone? I sure can’t figure out how if I can....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Log In

I had to replace my iPhone. I downloaded the Spotify app onto my new iPhone. I keep hitting the "Log In" button to log in, but nothing is happening.

• I had to replace my iPhone.  I downloaded the Spotify app onto my new iPhone.  I keep hitting the "Log In" button to log in, but nothing is happening.
  • ruevaughn
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Apple Watch OS4.1 with Apple Music streaming is released

Now is Spotify's last chance to announce they have an app in the works or a lot of people will be jumping ship tonight.

• Casual Listener
  • Now is Spotify's last chance to announce they have an app in the works or a lot of people will be jumping ship tonight.
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes