Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

View Queue on iPad?

Solved!

View Queue on iPad?

Is there a way to view my play queue in the new iPad version?  A couple of days ago, I had queued up a bunch of songs, but I didn't end up playing them all.  Today, I wanted to listen to a playlist and one song played and then one of the old songs I had queue'd started playing instead of the next song in the playlist.

I understand this is how the play queue works (I use the desktop version of Spotify quite a bit too), but I can't for the life of me find a place in the iPad app to view that queue or to remove stuff from it when I no longer want to hear it (say, a couple of days later when I come back to the app).

Am I just missing it, or is there really no way to see what's in the queue or a way to clear it on the iPad?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you have an iPhone with the spotify app as well as an iPad then you can do this:

1.Make sure they are both on the same wifi network

2. Have the music playing on the iPad

3. Open spotify on the iPhone

- it should pop up and ask if you want to listen on this iPhone or continue listening on the iPad --> Select keep listening on the iPad

4. You should now be able to control the music playing on the iPad from the iPhone

5. Find the "Play Queue" icon in the top right (i think) of the iPhone app and go into the queue.

6. Here you can select and remove tracks from the queue and it will clear it on the iPad.

7. Bob's your uncle! A bit of a pain but ultimately useful 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi,

You don't need an iPhone; it works with al smartphones.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and it works fine.

But if Google Play does the trick, that's fine too!

Marked as solution

There are several solutions: Pyro; SpotQ; this iPhone + iPad manoeuvre. They work, but they're all a cludge. The only real answer is for Spotify to have its software engineers fix the iPad app like they already fixed the iPhone app.

Fixing the iPad app does not appear to be problematic in principle. So why is it taking Spotify YEARS to do the job, to the immense irritation of many of its paying users?

If it is technical infeasible, Spotify, please say so. Otherwise, just do it.

Update: I'm horrified to see that this post is being listed as a solution to the problem. It isn't: it's just a workaround that is no substitute for a proper fix to the iPad UI. We need to be able to view and edit the playqueue on the iPad just as on the iPhone. Spotify should fix this!!!

Marked as solution

I gave up and went to Apple Music.

Marked as solution

I cannot believe Spotify still haven't fixed this! Terrible service: a really good advertisement for their competition.

Marked as solution

They finally added a queue button on the iPad! Top right of the screen 🙂

Marked as solution

I just updated to version 8.4.1 on the iPad and see the Play Queue now at the top right of the 'Now Playing' screen. Great news! This upgrade fixed my issue.

104 Replies

Hey there!

Currently, there's no option to view the play queue on the iPad. Closing down the application from the task manager might clear it though.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Thank you.  I just tried adding a song to queue while playing from a playlist.  I then hit the home button once to put Spotify in the background.  Then I hit the home button twice to bring up the list of apps running and held the Spotify icon until the X appeared and I closed it.  My music stopped playing, so I know it stopped the Spotify app.  I then re-started the Spotify app and as soon as the current song finished playing (it started back where it left off which I found cool), the song I had queued went ahead and played.

So no, apparently killing the Spotify app on iPad does not cause it to clear the queue.

I love having the ability to quickly throw a "play this next" song into the queue while I'm listening to a playlist, but I use the hell out of the play queue in the desktop app (add lots of songs, change the order, remove songs when I change my mind, etc) and would really like to see some queue management added to the iPad (even if it's just the ability to view and clear the queue).

In any case, thank you very much for the iPad app - I'm loving it!

Spotify should add a way to view the queue in the Spotify app. It would be sweet!
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes! Please please please add a queue and the ability to edit it. It's a great app on both devices. Really love it!

Hey This is a must-have functionality for both iOS devices and other. As long as the ability to add track to current playing queue is there, but no way of editing / view current playing queue, I'd call it only half way finished. I really hope the development backlog contains this :) Dave

Me too... I really need a queue I can manipulate on the iPad! Btw... How do you add songs to a queue on the iPad? I don't see that option... Thanks

Press and hold down on the track, and you should get a little option menu. On the iPhone, it's a little set of boxes with a "+" in the top right. Should be something similar on the iPad.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Ah-ha!  

Got it ... thanks for the help.

Hope we can get a viewable Queue soon!

I first used Spotify on windows and really liked the view / edit queue feature. I really miss it on the iPad

I taught it was a joke at fIrst. The fact that I can't see my play queue is laughable. To call it premium and not offer the most basic features is not ok. Fix it fast!

This is a really good idea, the Spotify App on iOS has Lots of room for growth and improvement! I really hope over time features like this find there way to the iOAS Application...

All the little things contribute to something great 🙂

This is certainly another perplexing design decision that makes no sense.  There really is no way to see what your current play queue is.

Free app: spotqueue solves your problems on a iphone! Works great

Im amazed that this "view queue feature" is really missing from ipad version of spotify... I got this shocking discovery just now that i'm rekindling my love for ios -with the new and beautiful 4th generation ipad... This no-brainer of a function is even on an android smartphone version of spotify so why the hell not on ipad? Wakey wakey eggs and bakey who ever it is to write the next update

Agreed! Tneed needs to be fixed. If enough people comment about it something might get done!

This functionality would really be needed! I have used queues on my Windows PC and Android phone a lot and couldn't even think that this sort of basic functionality would be missing on iPad version. Please fix it :).

Do we know if this a feature that is coming soon or if there are no plans at all to implement this?

He try Spotqueue. It works automatically with your Spotify playlists. 

Very easy and Free.

But I agree it's a basic function that should be available in Spotify. 

This feature still hasn't been incorporated on iphone or ipad.  This is crazy.  While I'm not a developer, I can't imagine this is rocket science.  Is this a strategy decision (ie-queue's aren't really social while playlists are type of thing)?  At the very least, let your customer's (us) know why they don't have such a basic feature.  My wife and I both pay for premium service, but the evolution of the product continues to disappoint.  I'm getting close to making the switch to Rdio, where we can pay less on a family plan and have an accessible queue, and it's only a matter of time before Google and/or Apple release their own premium streaming service.  

Suggested posts