Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

View Queue on iPad?

Solved!

View Queue on iPad?

Is there a way to view my play queue in the new iPad version?  A couple of days ago, I had queued up a bunch of songs, but I didn't end up playing them all.  Today, I wanted to listen to a playlist and one song played and then one of the old songs I had queue'd started playing instead of the next song in the playlist.

I understand this is how the play queue works (I use the desktop version of Spotify quite a bit too), but I can't for the life of me find a place in the iPad app to view that queue or to remove stuff from it when I no longer want to hear it (say, a couple of days later when I come back to the app).

Am I just missing it, or is there really no way to see what's in the queue or a way to clear it on the iPad?

104 Replies

But latest release removes it. **bleep** me o..

I updated to 8.4.3 version and there´s no Play Queue at the top right of any screen. Did they pull it out? 

Thank you all for posting all of this info - I spent an insane amount of time on the Spotify help page trying to find any information about locating the queue on an iPad to no avail. I too have the latest version and thought I was crazy because I could not locate the queue on my iPad mini 4. Obviously, Spotify is the crazy one, and they will continue to lose customers over this highly requested, easily fixable issue. As much as I love my  Spotify Premium, I guess I will spend this weekend setting up a free 3 month trial of Apple Music, hopefully the UI makes more sense.

Well, I switched to Android years ago after starting this thread. No issues
there, all needed functionality and finally clear of the fruitbaskets
regime 😉

/D

Dlysnes,  Here is my million dollar dumb question of the day: Did you switch to Android devices but still use Spotify? Or did you switch to Android devices and now use a different music service? I am just trying to ascertain if the issue is more Spotify, Apple, or an unfortunate combination of both, so I can decide the best remedy for me. Many thanks in advance!

Hi
Switched to Android, still happy Spotify premium customer.
Yep, of course Spotify should fix this in the ios version, but developing
stuff for ios is a pain in the *ss. I kind of understand them..
The Android version of the app works perfect 🙂

Thank you so much for responding, I have been compiling a sad list of reasons to make the jump from iOS to Android for a while now, and this is yet one more compelling reason to switch.

Go for it. You won't regret it 🙂

Note that it works Well on iPhone.
It's just on iPad that the queue cannot be managed, strangely

its now gone 

Fix it!!! Lazy coders!!!

Please somebody help me understand...

So a couple of weeks ago finally the long awaited 'view queue' option was available right there on iPad. And for some reason, a couple of days ago it dissapeared again!!! The whole thing about this issue makes no sense and it just seems such a basic feature!

Your understanding is correct

Idiocy.

It was there and now it's gone. Seriously, are you fecking kidding me?  This has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever come across; why are you removing functionality from updates?

The ability to manage your play queue has to be one of the most fundamental abilities of a music player app.  The fact that this function I see available on the iPhone app, but not the iPad app, two devices that use the same OS, shows that someone is asleep at the wheel here.

Fix it now!

I agree. This big issue needs to be fixed! I had the same problem and many other problems with the queue. Spotify should update this huge problem. I can't listen to my music (listening to music is the main priority of the app existing!) properly. Very frustrating for everyone going through these issues. Don't worry you aren't the only one that is having these problems, I have been browsing and many many other people have had this issue and many other similar issues. Please Spotify fix this!

In the 8.4.9.703 beta version, queue seems to be back on iPad. Let's hope it will stay, this time !

The Play Queue is now available in the iPad app:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Queue-on-iPad/idc-p/1733937/highlight/true#M23907

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Having complained about the absence of a playqueue on iPad for years, I have to thank the Spotify developers for adding a good implementation of this in Ver 8.4.9, just released. Well done!

This is my third attempt at resolving the issue of playlist playing one song and then moving on - primarily when running it on my Ipad.   One solution was to clear the queue.  There is no queue option from my Ipad.  I was told to reload the ap as this had been rolled back in.  I did and it was not there, plus I now have to redownload hundreds of songs (on a limited data plan) and there is still no queue.  One user said they did it several times.  I will try again but it is eating up my data. 

I am paying for premium, but Apple or Google are starting to look like better options.  This is like buying a car and having them come and take parts away or adding features I really don't want and making me unload and reload for the privilege. 

If I have misunderstood, please let me know and I will apologize. 

Suggested posts