NEXT STEP

Viewing contributing artists

Viewing contributing artists

Plan 

Premium

U.S. 

iPhone 7+, iOS 13

My Question or Issue: 

There used to be a feature that allowed you to view all artists that contributed on a song, and then view their individual pages, by tapping on the 3 dots on the right side of the song. That feature went missing with the new update for Spotify, now it only lets you view the artist whose name appears first. 

4 Replies

So the latest update for Spotify I see is the one from about a week ago. At least on this version, I'm still able to show the song credits using the 3 dots on my iPhone 7. Maybe they changed the location of the function, I've never used it on mobile before, but for me, when I tap the three dots and I scroll all the way down, there's a button called "Song credits"

I hope this is still the same for you too, have a nice week.

Hi!

I'm aware of the song credits section, but that is not what I an referring to.

In a previous update, the "View Artist" button would say "View Artists" if multiple artists collaborated on a song, and each artist's profile would be visible. I checked the PC version, and it allows you to instantly see and access all collaborating artists. The most important difference between this legacy page and the Song Credits page is that each artists was linked an a single page, allowing Spotify users to visit each artist without having to perform a separate search.

I'd be willing to bet that very few people are actually going to search for an artist as opposed to clicking a linked profile, which significantly decreases artist exposure. That alone should be reason enough to re-implement the feature.

Hey @CannonFire,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

If you'd like to present your feedback regarding the View Artist feature as an Idea for Spotify, make sure to follow these steps:

1. Go to the Spotify Community

2. Click on Menu

3. Click on Ideas > Idea submissions

4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on “Let’s go

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is for the Idea to be implemented. If you also wish to learn more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to take a look at this article.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm trying to view contributing artists from my computer using a paid account. The version I'm using has the three dots, and the only useful looking option within is "credits". But this seldom has much information. So the pianist, the bass player, the drummer and so on are all incognito. As a musician, I find this infuriating. Then I have to check on Youtube to see if I can find the same recording with all the artists listed. I'd hate to be made invisible like this.

So Spotify should make a better effort to acquire and display this information. When a channel fails to supply this information in Youtube, it is reminded by the community, so channels are improving there. But in Spotify, the community has no opportunity to say anything directly. Well, Spotify could put a red flag or something on songs where such information is obviously missing, and then the artist/agent would be encouraged to add the information.

Suggested posts