Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's up with this new Home screen?

What's up with this new Home screen?

Whats up with the new home screen being random playlist? Its really bad, can I change it back?

Top Answer
Lyubka

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

As this thread here has become too general and has grown a bit old, going forward, we'd like to close it off and refer you to post in our new Home Feed Update feedback thread.

Cheers!

1,004 Replies

PLEASE CHANGE BACK! Spotify is usually my favourite app, i love music and this has completely ruined it. Now when I just open the app it starts blurting out a random preview of a random playlist. The recommended music is nothing similar what what i actually like and it’s huge on the screen it looks awful. Please change it back it was so much better before. It was actually tailored to what you liked and there was more going on on screen. I don’t want it to be some a place where we are all forced to listen to the**bleep** pop music and the most generic songs on a genre. that it what it feels like. it’s so sad. 

Also having this bs since today. Total garbage and scroll is a disaster. How can I revert this?

CA2C0B14-1446-4959-B1B3-7EC22D445AB4.png

Please take this new home screen layout and the horrible autoplay stuff out asap. Tried to put on some night sounds and woke up the whole house unintentional. This really is a nightmare update.

I agree that this interface doesn't work at all as a homescreen. I do enjoy scrolling on TikTok and such, so I'm going to rise above my initial reaction of "oh god no what have you done I hate it" and say I'd probably use such a feature *if it wasn't a home screen*.

When I open the app, I want clear info and easy access to my content. Sometimes, I browse a bit aimlessly around playlists and artists, and when I do that, I could be using an interface like that. 

I would think that putting the homepage back and adding a "discover" or "for you" tab on the bottom would be a better idea.

Please please give me a normal homepage back. Not to be dramatic, but I love the app and use it all day everyday, and this is not usable as is for me.

The new homescreen is terrible. This is a service I pay for so that we can access the music we want to play and it should be as easily as possible to do so. It's been getting increasingly annoying to have suggestions & promotions pushed whether they're wanted or not. The new homescreen is a step too far.

If it stays like this we'll be cancelling premium.

The homepage is so bad I have been try to avoid it all together. I will probably just cancel because YouTube music doesn't make me put up with this garbage. Plus it has a bigger music library.

It's terrible, it should be possible to turn it off

In that case I'm outta here. Good bye Spotify, hello Apple Music 

Please Spotify I'm begging you, give us back our old home screen. The new one is actually unusable for me. I relied on the daily mixes and now can't find them. I don't want suggested podcast episodes or videos taking up my entire screen. In fact I don't want my spotify to play videos at all. This is so clunky and irritating. I pay for this service and am so close to canceling and moving elsewhere. Please give us an option to at least opt out or customize!!!

Hey @kinglambert

Hey there, Welcome to the Community!! 😉

Spotify wishes you to keep on listening to music but until further notice the UI is going to be like that but you can switch to Android/Mobile to listen to spotify and not seeing i UI on the IOS version,please keep on doing what you like and never let bad things stop you, no matter that UI has changed and when it will get change back just do what you and don't let the UI bring you down. You can always find a way to enjoy the music like taking a break and just listen to the music or maybe create a playlist of your favorite songs, use spotify radio to discover new music, and lastly explore the music libraries. All of these options are available to you even with the new UI and can help make your listening experience more enjoyable.

-𝓔𝓬𝓱𝓸𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓒𝓾𝓽𝓮𝓦𝓸𝓵𝓯

please make this new change possible to turn off - I really don’t want to see videos on Spotify and it completely changes how easy it was to find new music before. There’s so many other things to focus on with this app - forcing us to scroll through multiple videos is just useless for most users 

Seriously? You're reply is as tone deaf as the other guy with a funky username. Are you a bot?

No, I am not a bot. I apologize if my response was tone deaf. I'm sorry if my reply felt insensitive and if this account was it would be a higher rank, i'm just pointing out some helpful words and you by saying that is rude by saying that if im a bot. please be kind on the community.

New home screen is just awful, horrendous, unusable, it makes no sense for an app that is used to listen to music. This is not TikTok or Instagram, gentlemen. I think it's great that whoever is responsible for this has the opportunity to check if their idea brings any value, but as a paying user I should have the right to decide whether to use this thing or not (make it optional to disable it and go back to the old way).

I hate the new home screen. Please revert the home screen to the old one.

Hey @jmmercado

i could make an image kind of what you're talking about for an option to disable it.

The new Home Page UI on the app makes it feel very flat. One of the great things about the app was it's ability to mirror the browser page and allow for some deep digital crate digging. Now I hardly want to look at the Home Page, which I think discourages looking for new music. The design just seems counterintuitive of trying to find new things. It's like the Home Page is now telling us what to listen to instead of us interacting with suggestions on the Home Page to make the suggestions better. Very disengaging from a user perspective. 

The new update sucks! 

Spotify, please don't force users to move to some other platform 

The new update is really bad, please don't try to fix what is not broken. 

Considering moving to another platform if this is not fixed 

That this continues to be rolled out makes me incredibly sad. I have an Apple Music 6 month trial so I tried switching to AM since the Spotify mobile app is unusable to me. AM is not a suitable replacement for Spotify, as the killer feature for me with Spotify is the discovery aspect. AM discovery is really not doing it for me. So what has happened since the Spotify app is unusable to me is I basically am listening to almost no music now. I haven't cancelled my Spotify Family subscription because my family hasn't gotten the update and still managed to enjoy it. It can't be long though and I guess I will just have to go back to discovering music otherwise and just building my own playlists in AM. This really sucks and I hate that the Spotify product teams are pushing this new paradigm to get more engagement. You are truly leaving your customers behind. 

Suggested posts