Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your music not in ipad version

Solved!

Your music not in ipad version

I've read the release notes for the latest version of the ios app and looked at the sticky thread of this board about the new version and FINALLY figured out that although the release notes say that Your Music is available in the new version of the ios app, it seems to only be in the iPhone version. A) why claim something is there when it's not?
B) please add this to the ipad version of the app soon. When I saw it was finally a way to sort my music on desktop, it's why I came back to spotify premium. I figured it'd be along soon enough on the mobile apps. I've got it on my android phone, but not on my ipad? That's just dumb. Please fix soon.
C) give us an update as to how long till you are adding the missing features reported in the release notes to the ipad version of the app. Seriously, talk about a loss of trust with your customers.
117 Replies

I'm looking into alternative pay music providers now. It's really mucked up my experience of Spotify, the platform is awesome, the concept is awesome, the content is awesome and I've got dozens of friends to subscribe. Now I feel guilty of convincing them to pay money to a company without heart, empathy and customer satisfaction policies. SPOTIFY, YOUR ATTITUDE ON THIS ONE IS POOR, WE PAY FOR OUR SERVICE AND DESERVE BETTER COMMUNICATION.

Come on Spotify! We`re all waiting for an updated iPad version of the iOS app. You really need to get this fixed!

So? Waiting... It's so stupid how I cant access my songs...

even when the iPad will run "your songs"??????

I'm frustrated!!!

I want "my songs" in my app for ipad!

64GB HAVE TO DOWNLOAD MUSIC AND CAN NOT. HAVE TO BE USING PLAYLIST!

Slutty!!!!

IF THIS PROBLEM IS NOT RESOLVED, THIS WILL BE MY LAST MONTH SPOTFY ....

Bumping this. What is spotify thinking? This is like Apple releasing an iOS Music update without being able to view your freakin iTunes library. What kind of music app doesn't let you view your music

Exactly, it's THAT crazy! Come on, Spotify!

Going to post here to try and bump this topic. It really as been far too long. I appreciate that it might have been a troublesome update compared to the iphone in terms of the GUI, but come on guys....this delay is unacceptable. For a service that centres itself around playlists, not being able to access my own playlist (My Music) just doesn't make any sense....

This is really getting ridiculous .

Spotify may end up turning Beats into a monster so they better get their act together on this issue.

Its a travesty that I cannot access my music (except playlists) on my ipad .

What is Spotify thinking?

Here's Spotify's official reply. It doesn't actually say anything useful. How long is "too much longer" I thing too long. Just a classic customer care fob off by a large enterprise company. This is a very hollow reply, no content, reasons or any attempt to explain why there is an issue to start with. Is it Apple to blame and they don't have the guts to admit it? Is it legal or technical? Is it logistics/resources?

Hey!

Thanks very much for getting in touch about this.

We're working on updating the iPad app and it shouldn't be too much longer before Your Music is available for you on all devices.

I appreciate your patience whilst we work hard to bring you the full range of features on your iPad.

If you have any other questions then please don't hesitate to get back in touch. 🙂

Kind Regards,

Sonny

Spotify CS Advisor

From experience that is about as much detail as you will ever get from support about updates.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

So based on your post in April the YOUR MUSIC feature that was released/forced on us would be available in 1-3 months?! (The starred playlist worked fine btw.) Your music STILL ISN'T available on the IPad. I thought i was doing something wrong, b/c the IPAD version was always a little wonky. Anyway this is Rediculous to say the least. IOS is still IOS get it together.

I thought I just was silly when I saw that there still is no update for my iPad Mini. That I forgot to turn on wifi, or turned off updates. But it seems... as if spotify is one of the laziest things I've ever seen before. Why do I pay for this? The main reason I signed up to spotify some years ago was "available on all of your devices - iPad, phone and PC" Well. I hope they aren't advertising with that any more, cause isn't this a lie at the moment?

I wish you would hurry a little bit more. It's been 4 months now since I packed all music in "my Music" and not in playlists any more. I really would like to listen to the saved albums - but I guess I rather have to quit my Spotify Premium.

Hello Spotify. Is there anybody there? This is sooooo poor, your cross platform music service is woefully lacking a key feature on the ipad and you're not even telling us when this will be introduced. Loads of us have moved our album from playlists to your music and now we can't find them on our ipad apps without searching again. Any news?

I know I hate to give answers like this but a redesign for the iPad should be rolling in soon.

It's good to give some time for testing before rolling it out if its buggy and all.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Thanks Jeremy, I appreciate the need for testing etc and I just tweeted SpotifyCares who gave me a similar answer. Still not sure why it wasn't developed at the same time as the other platforms though..would have avoided all these unhappy people.At least it is on its way 🙂

If you look through the posts you see that this is what's been told for 4 months or more. Why should I still believe that? 

Perhaps a little more information or explanation could help to trust you a little bit. I know other app developer who tell instant what's going on, e.g. that the app is checked b apple and that it may take another week or two till it's out, or that they are fixing "insert specific problem in detail".

Information and communication is the key to get your customers trusting you, and not telling them every two weeks the same for MONTHS.

And forget about that with the testing. I just have to take a look in the bug area of this forum to see, that you are not testing your apps enough before you relese them.

There's a sticky from Per that v 1.6 is being rolled out soon. Cross your fingers.

v1.6.0 is a no-go for any changes to the iPad interface.

Now I just get the feeling they're doing this on purpose. I put in a request to The Verge yesterday to see if they would perhaps look deeper into the issue, seeing as we're not getting any real response from Spotify at all.

I would suggest that everyone follow suit, start going to the Technology Media sites, the ones who cover this. If we can generate enough interest, it could put enough public pressure on Spotify to either make the change, or respond to the issue with a more solid response than "it'll be here soon".

Sites who cover this sort of thing:

The Verge

Techcrunch

Ars Technica

BGR

Best of luck to all of us!

Suggested posts