Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

**bleep**: SongShift

Solved!

**bleep**: SongShift

one question Spotify: Why do you care so little about your customers and their needs ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Update from SongShift here:

https://songshift.com/blog/spotify_transfers

Update: October 21, 2020

With the release of SongShift v5.1.3, you will again be able to transfer playlists from Spotify to another service. The only caveat is, you have to have created the playlist yourself, or the playlist must be collaborative and followed by you.

Disclaimer

Curated playlists created by Spotify are not eligible for transfer.

In Closing

We are incredibly grateful to Spotify for updating its Developer TOS to allow these transfers. We're excited to continue to provide you a great music transfer experience.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hello Spotify Team,

Unfortunately for me SongShift is important professionally. I have been a customer since Spotify was launched on the German market and now you are removing an important feature. Roll back this decision and I will not quit. Otherwise i have to.

I'm not going to make a threat about quitting, but I must say the decision from Spotify to limit support for the service SongShift provides is a very poor one. It's the kind of behaviour we see from the majors like Google, Amazon, Apple and Facebook all the time, and I thought a company like Spotify that started as a disruptor of traditional markets would have been different. Seems Spotify is intent on planting its flag in the big boys camp, and I am very disappointed about that. I certainly hope the development team can find a way to work with SongShift and let them reintroduce their excellent playlist syncing facility again.

5B8A9910-3D6F-4EF3-ABBC-C1FAB8A0129A.png
142D9DDD-311A-47A2-B5DF-F2EDB3E50C2B.png

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your thoughts with us.

We understand where you're coming from and will make sure all your feedback reaches the right teams. We always aim to improve and you can be sure that your voice will be heard.  It seems that other Spotify users also mentioned they'd like to see in this feature re-introduced and posted an idea. You can add your support there by up-voting the idea. We'll inform on any developments there, if there are any. So make sure to subscribe, if you haven’t already. 

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Keep well.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Update from SongShift here:

https://songshift.com/blog/spotify_transfers

Update: October 21, 2020

With the release of SongShift v5.1.3, you will again be able to transfer playlists from Spotify to another service. The only caveat is, you have to have created the playlist yourself, or the playlist must be collaborative and followed by you.

Disclaimer

Curated playlists created by Spotify are not eligible for transfer.

In Closing

We are incredibly grateful to Spotify for updating its Developer TOS to allow these transfers. We're excited to continue to provide you a great music transfer experience.

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am so pleased to hear this news. Thank you Spotify for being open minded, determining exactly what your concerns are, and engaging with the community of users and a small developer of a very useful app to come to a sensible compromise.

Suggested posts