NEXT STEP

display bugs on iOS 15

display bugs on iOS 15

Device

iPhone 13

Operating System

iOS 15.0

Spotify Version

8.6.72.1009 (I have tried to send feedbacks through TestFlight but I'm not sure it's sent successfully. And the both issues below happens in the latest public version of Spotify iOS)

My Question or Issue 

1. UI DISPLAY ISSUE

Sometimes the album page, the now playing page and My Library page will go too close to the top of the screen and get partly covered by the front camera. Besides, the top bar of the phone (time and battery) disappears in Homepage and Search page when the above issue happens.

IMG_0069.jpg

2. TEXT DISPLAY ISSUE

The CHINESE CHARACTERS are not displaying completely in:

• the song title in now playing page and
  • the album title in the album page

You need to fix the font size.

IMG_0072.jpg

I've put the complete characters beside the title so you can see the flaw.

Top Answer
Jeremy
Spotify Legend

Hi there folks,

Thank you for getting back to us in this thread and for your feedback.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We also suggest that you always have the latest operative system on your device and as mentioned above - always keep your app up to date.

Keep us posted.

63 Replies

Hey there @circle4x

Thanks for sharing this in the Community. 

In TestFlight, there is a link to "Send Beta Feedback". If you click it, you will be able to send an email where you can describe the issue. In the "What to Test" section, you will also see the email address for reporting issues.

If you've already done this, keep in mind that we won't reply to individual issue reports, but all issues get forwarded to the right team, and we do our best to fix them. Of course, the more details you can provide, the higher the chance that we can reproduce and fix your issue. In some cases, we may reply and ask for additional information.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I’m experiencing the same issue as your first bullet point; the top bar ends up too close to the top of the screen. Sometimes it reverts to normal, but then jumps back up seemingly without a pattern for the behaviour. Attached photos are taken without any scrolling.

iOS 15.0.2

iPhone 12 Mini

Spotify 8.6.72.1273

1192D803-B8E0-442E-B3CD-77C5EF7D73BB.png
2C97EB6B-9FE1-478F-B75C-EDE165432E07.png
AD6FF71E-F229-42EC-A781-4CECD1A63D02.png

I’ve been experiencing this issue for a while now on my iPhone 11 Pro Max running iOS 15.0.2. It’s getting to the point that I’m considering switching music streaming services. It’s difficult to pinpoint how the bug gets triggered, but it seems as though it’s always after opening a playlist and scrolling. The following screenshot doesn’t do the issue justice since the notch of the phone can’t be seen. When I took this screenshot, I couldn’t even see the playlist name as it was completely cut off by the iPhone notch.

241D2CCA-F173-483F-98BD-72D2C83B0DAF.jpeg

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback in this thread.

In this case we suggest that you follow the steps that @Eni provided in the thread to forward your feedback.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I don’t use TestFlight — is there a way for everyday users (non-Beta testers) to submit bugs other than the community? Seemingly the email address @Eni references is kept behind the TF wall for a reason.

Hi there @igmcmillan

Thanks for getting back to us. 

First up, we'd recommend that you try logging out and then logging back in twice on your phone. We know this sounds odd, but it's how the app forces a cache refresh.

If this doesn't do the trick, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Seems like the clean reinstall fixes the first display issue.

Hey @circle4x,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're glad to know the first issue was solved. Regarding the second one, it may be related to the font itself. We'll pass your feedback on to the right folks.

In the meantime, make sure to keep the app updated at all times to ensure you don't miss out on any fixes and improvements.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

A clean reinstall did not fix it for me. I’ve tried all of the troubleshooting methods and I’m still experiencing it on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. It actually has gotten worse on the latest version of Spotify. Text is getting cut off below playlist names (see screenshot).

B8D1E828-99BE-435E-9946-F85DDEC2BBA6.jpeg

Device

(iPhone 11 Pro Max)

Operating System

(iOS 15.1)

Spotify Version

(8.6.74.1541)

My Question or Issue

The display bugs that @circle4x first reported on still exist after a clean reinstall (https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/display-bugs-on-iOS-15/m-p/5277040/highlight/false#...).
I have also tried all of the cache clearing/resetting methods suggested by moderators. This problem still needs to be solved and requires attention! In the screenshot below, I have highlighted how the app appears with regards to the iPhone notch. I have also started to notice text being cut off under playlist titles.

C1135F6B-30E5-4C55-BE6B-EC935E2B35CD.jpeg

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

It's a good idea to try with another account on the same device to see if that makes a difference.

Just to double-check-are you using the TestFlight app?

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

No, I am not using the Test Flight app. I’m not familiar with it either…

Hi @user-removed,

Thanks for the post.

Can you check if changing the display font size on your phone has any effect?

1. Go to Settings > Accessibility, then select Display & Text Size.
  2. Tap Larger/ Smaller Text. 

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for your reply.

To confirm, did you get to try with a different account? Was there any difference?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

I've been having this same issue 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, I tried on a different account and there was no difference unfortunately.

Changing the text size on my phone has no effect. The font size changes (as to be expected) but the bugs still exist.

I’m also having the same issue on an iPhone 13 running iOS 15.1

Reinstalling the app did not fix it 

The first issue pops up again once in a while. The clean reinstall did help for a bit but not thoroughly. Like @calebdarling said above, this issue needs further attention and fix from the programming side, instead of troubleshooting by users. Hope you could understand what I mean.
And besides, the second issue is still there. 

Suggested posts