Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 12 beta CarPlay bug

Solved!

iOS 12 beta CarPlay bug

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Iphone x

Operating System

IOS 12.0 public beta 

My Question or Issue

During CarPlay, audio will stop if the app is exited out of and/or the screen is turned off. In order for audio to play, the app needed to be open and the screen be turned on at all times 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The upcoming update should fix this.

Developers aren't allowed to update apps to be compatible with a Beta version of iOS but most of them do so users experience less issues while testing it.

I thought that Public Beta was the same number as Dev Beta 2.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @passthecurry,

Hope you are doing great!

I am using iOS 12 Dev Beta 2 in my 5s and it seems great. Few bugs here and there.

Fortunately I haven't had any issues with most of my apps. 

But do mind that it's not guranteed that apps will work as they should in a Beta OS. If you wish you can even try to sign up for our iOS Beta.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

Have a nice day 🙂

I have the same problem with CarPlay and Spotify on the phone normally when the Spotify app isn't open.

• iPhone X
  • iOS 12 Public Beta 1 (same build as Dev Beta 1)

Marked as solution

The upcoming update should fix this.

Developers aren't allowed to update apps to be compatible with a Beta version of iOS but most of them do so users experience less issues while testing it.

I thought that Public Beta was the same number as Dev Beta 2.

PB1 is DB2. I want to update to the beta for the 3rd party CarPlay nav, but will wait until PB2. Sometimes, I’ve had to completely reset my CarPlay connection to get certain aspects working again. Maybe that might help?

The upcoming update will fix the issues for CarPlay on iOS 12 beta AND the overheating bug? **bleep** this is nice. 

It is not guranteed 100% since it is, as I said, against Apple guidelines.

Hopefully it will fix it in the Beta as well, because for the official version of iOS, which currently the latest one is 11.4, the next update should fix the mentioned issues 🙂

Oh understood. By the way if I may ask do you know what the exact cause of the overheat bug was? Memory leak or cpu cycle related bug? I’m actually pretty interested!

Unfortunately I don't have that data. I am not a Spotify employee 🙂

If I do hear anything I might let you know 🙂

I downloaded the beta this morning and tried it and it still doesn’t work properly with CarPlay. I found that it stops playing once you put the car into reverse and from there, it does the whole “can’t playback music unless you’re in app and phone screen is on” bug

This defintiely isn't limited to Spotify, I've also noticed issues with PocketCasts as well. It seems this is a known iOS12 bug and should hopefully be fixed in the next beta. It looks to me like the cars infotainment system triggers a pause that can't be unpaused. 

Major issues are on Connectivity, You should check Below points and quick solutions of it.

• Use Power button for restart CarPlay console. [60% success]
  • Update the iOS device with the latest version
  • Restore or Clean Install
  • Enable Siri
  • Remove Restrictions for CarPlay
  • Bonus [iOS 12 Carplay support third-party navigation as well, add in Carplay]

More you can check here: CarPlay Not Working on iPhone

Suggested posts