Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 4 Ipod Touch???

Solved!

iOS 4 Ipod Touch???

I'm a bit pissed off now. Have paid for Spotify Premium for my Ipod Touch for a long time now but suddenly it doesn't work on my anymore because Spotify has made changes. It says I need iso 4 and Itunes 9.2 but Safari does not allow me to download anything on my Touch so what should I do now? For me there is no point of having Premium if I can't listen to Spotify on my Ipod.

Have already tried with the whole Jailbreaker thing but that does not work either. Would be glad if someone had an answer asap/

Carin

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey thanks for the response and no I have'nt. By update do you mean download ios 4 to my computer? How does ios get into Itunes or does that happen automatically?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I apologise, I wasn't aware it was a 1st Generation iPod touch. These iPods can't support iOS 4, so will not be able to support the Spotify app.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi,

You're right, iOS 4 is a requirement for the Spotify app on the iPod Touch. Have you tried updating your iPod through iTunes on your computer at all?
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Marked as solution

Hey thanks for the response and no I have'nt. By update do you mean download ios 4 to my computer? How does ios get into Itunes or does that happen automatically?

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. If you plugged your iPod into your computer, you should be able to check for updates for your iPod through your iTunes. Once you have iOS 4, you should be sorted.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Tried everything but doesn't work. Maybe it can't work with Ipod Touch 1g?

Marked as solution

I apologise, I wasn't aware it was a 1st Generation iPod touch. These iPods can't support iOS 4, so will not be able to support the Spotify app.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

That's kind of sad because it used to work. I went to New Zealand for 4 months and then came back to Sweden and you had changed it up to ios4. It's not possible to jailbreak or anything right?

Suggested posts