Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS App Offline Tracks Background Download

iOS App Offline Tracks Background Download

Hi,

I just wanted to know why Spotify iOS doesn't download offline tracks in the background? I know iOS supports this, as all other media apps do it, including Netflix, Prime Video and Apple Music.

Downloading over 900 tracks takes a long time, and if I can't use my phone at the time it's also very boring - or if I do use my phone, I find that I haven't downloaded any tracks at all, making it takes days, rather than hours, to download my playlists.

Please have your iOS developers improve the app by allowing background downloads.

Thanks,

Liam

5 Replies

Furthermore, the new iPhones have OLED displays. It's generally not recommended to have the same image on screen for extended periods of time on OLED displays.

Hi there!

This sounds like a good idea. I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Also, about the burn-in, I agree but you may navigate within the app to avoid that, however the iPhone X has done great with that so I don't know if it would be an issue, never heard of any cases for a year.

Thanks 🙂

@Loxer

Yeah, I know all about the 'ideas board'. I can't stand it.

Also the community management have completely ruined the UX of this site since I was a part of the RSP. It's completely unintuitive and unnavigable now.

How the bleep do you post ideas?!?

cool avatar mate

Suggested posts