Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Playlists] Serious Playlist Order Problem

[iOS][Playlists] Serious Playlist Order Problem

I got an update on the iPhone Spotify today that has already been devastating for my playlist use and organization. I have hundreds of playlists, and I had previously dragged them in a specific order on my Mac desktop version and this would translate over to the playlist order on my iPhone. With this new update, I am able to order my playlists by alphabetical, recently played, recently added, or by creator, but it does not appear as though I place them in a custom order any longer. This is extremely frustrating as it is very difficult to add new songs to playlists because they are now out of their established order, and I have to scroll so much longer to find the playlist I want to save a song to. If I am missing something here, I apologize for freaking out, but I am freaking out that this might be a permanent feature. Obsessed with Spotify apart from this!

6 Replies

I could not agree more, I just got on here to submit this and I am SO glad others agree. If the Custom Order feature doesn't get added back to the Playlist filters, I don't know what I will do, it's devastating.

But! I also love the option to play in Recently Played, so don't want it removed, but definitely need it back ... like yesterday!

Hey @fruitsalad69  @katefink 

I have a walkthrough guide of the new Your Library view which you can check out here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Your-Library/New-Your-Library-view-iOS-amp-Android/td-p/5196161

How do I sort my playlists by custom order?

To sort your playlists by custom order, first tap on the "playlists" filter and then tap on the sort options and change it to "custom order". Then you'll be able to see your playlists in your own custom order like in the desktop app and web player.

NYL21PlaylistsCutomOrder.PNG

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I looked through the guide and back again at the sort options on the iOS version, and I’m still only seeing the following options:

Recently played
Recently added
Alphabetical
Creator
It’s definitely possible I’m just blind and missing it, but I truly am not seeing the “custom sort” option referenced in that guide.

Oh wait no I figured it out! You have to go into playlists and THEN tap the playlists button (very weird) and THEN the custom option will appear in the filter menu. This seems very clumsy, but it solves my problem.

@fruitsalad69 

Glad to hear you found it. You are welcome to leave your feedback for the Your Library team in the thread I linked.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I agree, I was frustrated when I saw you were proudly telling me you had sorted my playlist on my ipad into the order you wanted not my custom order.  I went onto my pc and found they were in my custom order but when I went back on my ipad they were back in your order. However I logged out and back in and they were then back in my custom order. Fine BUT the following day they were back in your order so I had to log out and back in to get them to come up in my custom order. Definitely someone made a daft decision, who on earth thought we would be pleased with this !!!!!

Suggested posts