Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Sleep Timer missing

[iOS] Sleep Timer missing

Plan

Premium

Country

Aus

Device

(iPhone XS)

Operating System

(iOS 13.3.1)

My Question or Issue

My Spotify app crashed so I had to reinstall it. When I did the sleep timer function has since disappeared. Confused. I reinstalled the app a few times to no avail. The sleep timer is no longer there. 

50D487AD-155A-46BE-B46E-C2059D4897B9.png
37 Replies

Hello,

I’m missing the sleep timer for podcasts and music, but the workaround proposed seem to work for the moment
I have an iphone 6S, IOS 13.4.1

Using spotify 8.5.59.1118

Thanks

• Your device + OS version: iPad Pro   13.5
  • Exact Spotify version: 8.5.60.881
  • Is the Sleep Timer missing for Music or Podcast or both? Both

• Your device + OS version: iPad Air 2 ver.13.5.1 and iPhone 5S ver.12.4.7
  • Exact Spotify version: 8.5.60.881 on both
  • Is the Sleep Timer missing for Music or Podcast or both? Music

Anyway as a workaround I found out that you can set a timer in the default iOS clock app to stop playing when it goes off and that seems to be working.

Device: iPad 6th Gen

iOS: 13.5.1

Spotify Version: 8.5.60.881

Sleep Timer is missing for everything, so @Xenia , your workaround isn't working for me. The Sleep Timer has never shown up for me on my iPad, but I'd really like to use it. However, the sleep timer does show up on my iPhone 7, running iOS 13.3.1. My phone has Spotify version 8.5.44.828. Please get back to me.

Hello,

Premium / Germany

iPhoneX & iPad7 both latest iOS 13.5.1 / ipadOS 13.5.1

on both latest Spotify App 8.5.60.881

on both reinstall Spotify App = no cure

i have on both Devices no sleeptimer symbol 😞

no matter if i am in an Podcast or Album/Playlist

and now?

Workaround for me:

i use the iOS Sleep Timer.

Hit the Clock, open the timer, set time and select in Tone Menu: ,Stop Playback‘

sorry i only have the German screen but i think you will find it too 

@user-removed this is the iOS Sleeptimer @Xenia is talking about

@.  SPOTIFY Please fix it in your App it can“t be that complicated !!!F7E641ED-24AA-4473-882B-FA9004C073A8.jpeg

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(iPad 7)

Operating System

(iPadOS 13.6)

Spotify Version

My Issue:

The sleep timer function has disappeared from the drop down menu.

This does not even come close to working for me. I have no sleep option on the pull down list (one of the worst designed interfaces I’ve seen). Spotify really needs to hire some human factors people.

No sleep option here!No sleep option here!
version 8.6.68.921

Plan: Premium

Device: Ipad Mini 2

Operating System: IOS 12.4.8

Issue: Sleep timer is not working for songs but it has sleep timer on podcasts

Hi there. I have an iPad mini 4 IOS 13.6 and Spotify version 8.5.72.905. I’m an Australian registered user currently living in India. The Spotify sleep timer doesn’t seem to be available on this device for music, I don’t use podcasts. If it’s not supposed to be available on iPad mini’s then I would really have to ask why? Many thanks for your kind attention to this matter.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your reports so far! We've passed them along to the right team and they are looking into it.

If you're missing the Sleep Timer on your iPhone make sure to add your +VOTE and leave a comment with the following details:

• Device details (build/model/OS)
  • Exact Spotify version
  • Is the Sleep Timer missing for Podcasts or Music or both?
  • Troubleshooting steps you tried so far

Note: Keep in mind that the Sleep Timer is currently not available on iPads. If you'd like to see this feature introduced on iPads, you can add your vote to this idea to show your support.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sleep timer is missing on our premier account for podcasts only.

iphone 8, version 8.5.75

I also don’t have the sleep timer function on my iPhone. 
It’s iPhone 7 and I’ve just downloaded Spotify again to see if the function would appear; it didn’t.

Device 

iPhone XR latest OS

Version 

Podcast and Music 

Can’t access both.

Troubleshooting

Update

Delete and Download

Shutoff and Restart 

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your reports so far. We've passed them along to the right team and they're looking into it.

If you're missing the Sleep Timer on your iPhone make sure to add your +VOTE and leave a comment with the following details: 

• Device details (build/model/OS)
  • Exact Spotify version
  • Screenshots displaying where the feature is missing
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried so far

Note: Keep in mind that the Sleep Timer is currently not available on iPads. If you'd like to see this feature introduced on iPads, you can add your vote to this idea to show your support. 

Thanks!

Hey there, 

We haven't heard from you in a bit!

Could you confirm if you still experience the same once you've updated your Spotify app to the latest version? If so, make sure to include the exact version you end up with on top of your device details. If you haven't provided those yet, check the Status Update of this thread for the full list of details we need. 

Enjoy your day! 

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your reports so far.

We've recently rolled out a new Spotify version that introduced a lot of improvements to the app. We would appreciate it if you share the exact Spotify version you see at your end if you're still experiencing this issue.  We need this info in order to get to the bottom of this and pinpoint the root cause of the behavior.

We haven't heard from you since @Ivan asked if this is still happening two weeks back and if we can't forward any new reports to the relevant team, we will have to cancel the investigation in the upcoming weeks. 

Thanks in advance, we will be keeping an eye out for your replies!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey folks,

We haven't heard back from you in a while, so we've moved this thread back to Help.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to start a new thread in the relevant board here and provide all the requested info.

Cheers!

Hi there,

one tool I’m really missing in Spotify is to set a 5 to 1 hour sleep timer for the regular music your listening to to then automatically turn off after timeout.

I know that this „Sleep“ feature is already available but for some reason only when your listening to podcasts. 

I’d love to fall asleep listening to my favourite music without having to wake up again to press pause:)

cheers,

Mirco

Suggested posts