Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS Updates

Solved!

iOS Updates

Plan

Premium

Country

Morocco

Device

iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

iOS 14.7.1

My Question or Issue

Hello, I have a question concerning the app updates on iOS. I always seem to either receive app updates very late or not at all such as the new UI player attached below which I haven't received. Also, I've just received the new notification (bell) update yesterday even though it's been out for longer. I'm updated to the latest version of Spotify and iOS.

Thanks in advance.

spotify-mini-player-color-variants.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @MisterDabber

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Spotify is often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try temporarily.
More details on that can be found in this support article

Currently there's no specific date available on when/if the new player interface will be fully rolled out. 

To make sure you don't miss a thing, you can enable automatic updates on your device and keep an eye out on the newsroom.spotify.com page and Spotify News Twitter

If it comes to the 'What's new' feed feature, it's something that was announced here very recently. The roll outs of all new features and major updates always take some time and are gradual. They're never introduced to all users at the same time, that's why you might see the new feature a little later than it was announced. 

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions, dont hesitate to reach out 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hello @MisterDabber

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Spotify is often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try temporarily.
More details on that can be found in this support article

Currently there's no specific date available on when/if the new player interface will be fully rolled out. 

To make sure you don't miss a thing, you can enable automatic updates on your device and keep an eye out on the newsroom.spotify.com page and Spotify News Twitter

If it comes to the 'What's new' feed feature, it's something that was announced here very recently. The roll outs of all new features and major updates always take some time and are gradual. They're never introduced to all users at the same time, that's why you might see the new feature a little later than it was announced. 

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions, dont hesitate to reach out 🙂

Suggested posts