Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad iOS version 10 update

Solved!

iPad iOS version 10 update

So when is the iPad going to get the same love that iPhone and iPod are getting with this latest update. Need shuffiling feature also!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey guys!

iOS version 1.9 has just been released!

This update brings the new design and "Your Music" to the iPad.

Enjoy! Thanks for your patience. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

59 Replies

As of right now there isn't a new design for the iPad. The iOS developers are hard a work and hopefully a new iPad design should be coming within the next few months.
MattSudaSpotify Star

@MattSuda wrote:
As of right now there isn't a new design for the iPad. The iOS developers are hard a work and hopefully a new iPad design should be coming within the next few months.

Yeah, whatever. I've been hearing the same thing from Spotify support since August 2013. You know, back when the Discover feature was first announced?

So, what you DON'T get with Spotify on your $400+ device:

• Discover
  • Your Music
  • Follow Artist button
  • Well-designed layout with intuitive navigation

Good on you, Spotify 😛

I'd rather run the iPhone app on my iPad Air than the crap app they've released for the iPad....but no, that's not possible.

Hello,

I'm also waiting on the Discover function. It should not  be no problem transferring the existing function from the Iphone to the ipad.

I understand the frustration.

For example:

More people listen to music on their mobile phone than a tablet.

Now that the mobile app is finished (still needs a few bug fixes), now they can work on the tablet version it would seem even though they probably have a team working on iPad too

I have asked the devs if they are working on a new iPad update. I'll post back if I hear anymore info. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

just make it possible to use the iphone/ipod-touch interface on ipads. would be better than the current ipad-interface.

@MattSuda wrote:

I understand the frustration.

I don't need understanding. I need an updated iPad version or the ability to run the iPhone app on the iPad. I've been waiting seven months now. I think I've been plenty patient.

If Spotify is able to work on the development of only one iOS platform at a time then they have a serious resource problem that should be addressed sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, give us the ability to use the iPhone app instead.

This is getting a little ridiculous. The an iPad update should not be taking this long. I use my iPad with Spotify quite often and I'm getting tired of not having the features available in both the PC and iPhone version, such as Discover and My Music. If you're not going to update the app, you might as well just pull it off the market because it's very not helpful.

Just a reminder: A new iPad update is coming. The iPad has not been forgotten. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

@MattSuda wrote:

Just a reminder: A new iPad update is coming. The iPad has not been forgotten. 

Yeah! That's what support told me last AUGUST. And again last December. And again most recently two weeks ago.

There's this saying, perhaps you've heard it before: actions speak louder than words. So at this point, I'd have to say it's best to say NOTHING.

Also we need the Album feature on the iPads too. I can't believe that it's too much of a hassle to make the ipad version based on the iPhone version. It's just scaling.

I don't believe that there are lots more people listening on iphone compared with ipad. At home when you have your ipad plugged into speakers, having the newest features of spotify is essential. For example, I've added favourite albums on my laptop spotify, I can't even access them on my ipad. Which is a bit backward. I have to add them to playlists jut to listen to a whole album on the ipad.

It's not that much work to make a larger version of spotify for ipad, based on the iPhone app, it's the same operating system.

I cant believe it. There is a new Update but still no Update for the iPad. Is it so hard to give us the new Features? I thought the developers concentrate now on the iPad Version and now another Update for the iPhone? Are you kidding me? I Pay hundreds of euros per Year to use the Premium Service and than such an imposition. I am very disappointed of Spotify and I think I am not the only one...

Cheers

I'm hoping they are working on a big iPad update which will bring in the new features and the new design. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Same for me. I am also disappointed by the iPad App.
I use my iPhone whenever I am on the road, but at home I use the iPad App because of the larger screen.
For me it does not make sense to ship a universal App that looks and behaves different on iPhone and iPad.
So please Spotify make sure that iPhone & iPad are always in sync. This would dramatically improve the user experience.
I cannot understand why I can use certain features on my iPhone but not on my iPad.

No such issue with an Android tablet.  They get more love than us.  I happen to own Android tablets also, but I'd rather use the iPad at home.

I agree this is now past ridiculous. Maybe we should stop paying for a while. I'm close to dumping them

Same here.
I'm very frustrated, that I can't see "mymusic", which I've added with my Mac or iPhone.
Only because of the iPad, I still have to use playlists 😞

Change that, please!

So I recently lost MOG, which I loved, and got a free trial of Beats. I also got a free trial of Spotify in order to compare the two services. I must say the piss poor ipad app for Spotify has made up my mind for me. I'm pretty sure I'm a typical consumer who wants to run airplay speakers off my ipad, and it's very frustrating not to be able to keep a basic library of music to listen to, only playlists.
There are things I like about Spotify, and if I know it was going to change in the next couple weeks, I might stick with it, but it sounds no one knows when this is going to happen, and it's being overdue for a long time. So, bye bye, Spotify...

@MattSuda wrote:

Oh hey, look at that! Nearly five months after this post and almost a year since the Discover feature was announced and guess what? Still. No. Update.

Seriously.

Suggested posts