iPhone App: Do not play album in shuffle mode by default.

Solved!

Re: iPhone App: Do not play album in shuffle mode by default.

alagemo
Music Fan
I'm having the same issue here. It's worth clarifying that there are two issues:

1 - there's a bug in the app which causes it to ONLY playback in shuffle mode. This seems to be caused by using the honking great green shuffle play button anywhere in the app. I'm experiencing this on iOS (iPhone 6)

2 the UI is flawed - it works on the web/desktop as you have a hover state to indicate potential interaction. This obviously isn't available on mobile.

alagemo
Music Fan
SOLUTION:

Tap the bar along the bottom with the track name. In the bottom left there's a shuffle icon. Deselect this to go back to sequential play

jeremywanamaker

Please add a button to play in order or replace the shuffle play button with a play button. This is such an annoyance in the mobile app. I really miss MOG. The mobile app was so much more intuitive than Spotify. The only reason I'm with Spotify is because MOG sold to Beats and Beats is terrible.

jgarcia-78
Casual Listener

Just want to echo other users bafflement/frustration that the iOS app defaults to shuffle mode, and that there is no basic "Play" button.

I upgraded to premium and downloaded the app a few days ago.  When I tried to play an album, I was a bit puzzled that only icon offered to me was "Shuffle Play."  So i tried to sidestep it by clicking directly on the first track of the album, figuring (logically) that the rest of the tracks would follow in order.  Instead they played in a random jumble.

I finally discovered how to turn off shuffle play, but it was so non-intuitive it required a google search to figure out.  If it requires internet research to do something as basic as play the tracks of an album in order, that is a major fail from a user-interface standpoint.

Agree w/ previous poster re: MOG. Of all the streaming apps, it had the best designed and most intuitive UI, but the Beats remake is a complete disaster...  Which is why I'm back to Spotify.

Highlighted

noahbxx

I agree with all the above posters; I have an iphone 5 and it is annoying to have to turn shuffle off every time I switch to a new album

Haleymarie423
Regular
Same for me and I can't turn it off on my phone. I hate it! Started with the new iOS update a few months back

amperrymd
Casual Listener

Don't make shuffle the default. Put on a play button.

livy

I can't get my playlists on my phone to stop shuffling. Ive tried everything. I use it for my yoga classes so it's extremely frustrating to have my songs playing out of order. How do I fix this? I've resorted to using Pandora, which I hate, and need to fix this ASAP!

Solution!

amperrymd
Casual Listener
I found if you open a song that is playing (touch the banner on the bottom
of the screen) on the bottom left is a little shuffle icon. If it's lit up
you're shuffling. Touch it off and the shuffling stops. For me it seemed to
shut off shuffling as the general default.

tourbillon

dare I say it...fixed!?

If you close the app or switch off your phone and the last thing you were playing was a shuffle playlist, when you open it again it will be set on shuffle, no matter what you are playing, albums or playlists.

The fix is to disable shuffle before you check out.

Tested several times on iOS.

Enjoy :)

SUGGESTED POSTS