iPhone App: Do not play album in shuffle mode by default.

Solved!

Re: iPhone App: Do not play album in shuffle mode by default.

Adam
Roadie

@Subdebutante -- looks like you resubscribed to Premium and everything's back to normal. Looking good at your end?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Sabsmax
Casual Listener
Ac's point isn't that the app is malfunctioning, it's that the User Interface is bonk - and I strongly agree. When on the play screen (album or playlist), the gigantic "shuffle play" button is presumably the ONLY option. Tapping the track to initiate ordered play is NOT intuitive - at all. In fact, I am a web and app UI designer, and I had to google it to figure it out. Simple solution idea 1: make two bottoms of equal size for PLAY and SHUFFLE. Knowing how to turn off shuffle once you've started your playlist or album isn't the issue here - it's playing tracks in order from the start. The option to do so should be more obvious.

Sabsmax
Casual Listener
*buttons

jensph

I came to this thread to figure out how to play an album in order - I was going crazy only seeing a big green Shuffle Play button.  Couldn't agree with you more, the UI unnecessarily obscures functionality.

mcanado

Sorry I have the same problem. I'm using spotify premium on my iphone5 and there is no way I can play a whole list in the order I have it. Could you please tell me how to do it? I'm paying for the premium version. Thanks. 

Sabsmax
Casual Listener
@mcanado just tap the first track in the list and it will begin playing in order. Really easy to do, really difficult to figure out HOW.

kasperwithk

@sabsmax - I don't think you understand. If we tap the first song it also starts to shuffle. I can't believe that this problem hasn't been fixed. I've had the problem on IOS for quite a while and uninstall etc doesn't seem to do it.

Peter__
Community Legend
Just testing this on my device, the shuffle option is saved for me anyways. So when I disable shuffle on the now playing screen, anytime I tap a track anywhere I can see the queue is not shuffled (using Spotify Connect on my android phone).

Wondering is there a small bug triggering something weird to happen for some people.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

jonjenkins73

I'm using an iphone 4S, and after a bit of Googling I have been able to play an album without it "shuffling". After all these comments over quite a long period of time, why on earth isn't there another button on the screen? i.e. one that says "Play", as well as one that says "Shuffle Play",

cheers,

JJ.

Joe
Community Legend

Sheesh man, isn't one big green button on the screen enough! I want them to get rid of it, not add another so that I can only see the first two tracks :)

SUGGESTED POSTS