Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ipad help pleases

ipad help pleases

Hello,

I am trying to connect to spotify (unlimited) on my new ipad through my wifi (no sim in ipad for 3g anyway) but it comes up with the "you need premium for mobile" message. i'm not mobile?

i have checked that offline mode is disabled in settings and have uninstalled and reinstalled.

any tips greatly appreciated!

ta

Simon

3 Replies

Hey Simon 🙂 

Unfortunately, iPads are classed as mobile devices on Spotify (and all other major streaming services) meaning you do need Spotify Premium to use Spotify on an iPad regardless of if it has a mobile data connection or not. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the reply!

how can i complain to spotify about this as it is surely not hard to distinguish between a mobile connection and my own wifi- why can't i authorise an ip address as my home one for example? if i have my laptop i can stream from a friends house so why not with ipad?

many thanks

Simon

@sjtcook wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

how can i complain to spotify about this as it is surely not hard to distinguish between a mobile connection and my own wifi- why can't i authorise an ip address as my home one for example? if i have my laptop i can stream from a friends house so why not with ipad?

many thanks

Simon

You should use the Support Form to lodge a complaint, but an iPad is technically a mobile device - you can use the WiFi in public for example, and it is also marketed as a mobile device.

You have to remember, people with Android based netbooks (they exist) have the same issue!

Liam

Suggested posts