Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

playlists wont sync!

playlists wont sync!

whenever i go to sync my playlists on spotify it now tells me that "there was an error communicating with spotify, some tracks couldn be made available offline, spotify will try again later" this happens to every single playlist i try to sync help anyone?

41 Replies

syncing now

And it's happening again...
It's been working for 12 hours, and now I can't sync. 
It's usually like this? I don't feel interested in paying for this...

The same problem with last version of Spotify by iPhone.

I cant sync songs and i use my premium account only for that!!!

I hope will fix it soon.

We're looking into this.

Community Ergo Sum

How's this looking for you guys now, any improvement? It'd be good to get some new reports on this either way.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Are there plans to refund premium users for thIs month due to this ongoing issue? This is a big part of why I, and I'm sure many other users, pay for the premium membership not to mention this is a serious issue that has gone unsolved with no response for over a month. 

Hi,

Just wanted to report that I am experiencing the same issue as described above.

No problems syncing offline playlists on MacBook. Problems only occuring with iPod.

Could a moderator please advise what is being done to resolve this issue.

iPod 4th Gen, Mac OSX

Looks like the problem is fixed now. try resyncing again

I think this may be related to the setting for sync quality. I was having this issue on two iOS devices, and after switching the sync quality to another setting and back again (ie normal to extreme, then back to normal), it synced fine on both devices the next time I opened the app. Just be sure to choose "resync" when you get the alert about different sync quality.

Sync quality is under Settings>Music Quality>Sync

For the past few days at least I have been unable to sync new local files to my Iphone from my desktop.  I have changed absolutely nothing settings wise. Earlier it stopped syncing ALL my music and now it is syncing tracs Spotify has again but STILL NOT my local files anymore.  ๐Ÿ˜ž

It seems there may have been a temporary server error a few hours ago - let us know if you're still having issues and we'll look into this further.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Still no go on local files.  The weird thing is that I have it set to hide unavailable tracks and these show up anyway, just greyed out.  If I tap on one it tells me that the song is not synced and then gives me the steps to follow that don't seem to work.

same here, i've been having this issue for a month now. a spotify update has come out during that time and it didn't help, it just refuses to sync local files and doesn't recognize that my phone is plugged in at all. itunes does recognize my phone and will sync files. spotify won't even sync a file that is on my phone through itunes. spotify has been extremely finnicky for the past month and it used to be dependable.

Yep, mine is doing exactly the same as yours!  Apparently my tweets to their help twitter are invisible because I've gotten no response there either.

I read some other threads about this and some people were able to fix this problem by disabiling a windows 7 firewall that windows automatically puts up when its on public internet. i am wondering if public internet (university internet, which you have to log in to) is causing my issue as well, but the only difference being i'm using a macbook, not PC, and I have no idea whether or not my computer is making a firewall, what that does or where i would be able to change that. but if it realy were internet connection, wouldn't i have the same problem with itunes? and that still doesn't explain why spotify has no idea my iphone is plugged in.

Public internet is definitely not the issue for me though.  And I was having this issue before Windows 7 firewall was installed unfortunately ๐Ÿ˜ž

yeah i didn't think it would be the internet especially with a mac. good to at least rule that out for the people who work for spotify. 

While speaking of firewalls, in Windows 7 mine is currently set up to allow spotify access.

Same problem! sort it out!!

Suggested posts