NEXT STEP

remove followers

Solved!

remove followers

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

how do i remove a follower?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @nailavirani 

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to remove/block followers. But you can vote for this idea and eventually, Spotify will consider implementing it.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

66 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @nailavirani 

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to remove/block followers. But you can vote for this idea and eventually, Spotify will consider implementing it.

Have a nice day.

Almost 7k people wants to block a stalker or ex and Spotify still didn't fix this! Please, allow us to remove people! I can't even report someone who's stalking me! 
Please listen the users!

Basically, someone needs to get stalked and hurt, and then sue Spotify, and me thinks they might actually listen. 

everybody wants this update but you aren't doing anything

what do you mean โ€œyou arenโ€™t doing anythingโ€

the update never comes

IMPLEMENT THIS NOWWW!!! this is insane

It's insane. I really can't stand stalking by my ex everyday on Spotify, which it's impossible for me to enjoy my music. I'm gonna quit Spotify in coming month.

@spotify. Its 2020. Give us the ability to remove followers. I've got people following me that I want to block and remove from my life for personal reasons.

Can you do something or offer useful solutions to this problem? I like spotify but I love personal safety more.

spotify devs are so **bleep**ed, this literaly takes 5 min to implement and every fkin platform has this feautre.

Can someone that works for spotify PLEASE push this idea more? I know for sure it isn't a difficult update to implement. I have a person that follows me that has harassed me in the past and it would be GREAT to be able to remove him so I can listen to music peacefully knowing he can't see what I am listening to!! Thanks.

Throwing my name onto the pile. Implement this feature before January 1 or lose me as a paying customer. 

This is ridiculous, something really needs to be done about this issue. My ex has created multiple fake accounts now on all platforms and is currently following me on spotify and I would like him remove immediately. Please look for a solutions to this issue if you want customers to keep using your platform.

This is ridiculous, it still hasn't been solved. Whoever is harassing you guys will eventually stop, it does get better and you eventually move on, but I cannot believe Spotify for not fixing this, its a serious problem. I ended my subscription around 2 or 3 months ago because of this and bugs that randomly stopped playing my music.

Hey there Folks,

Thank you for reaching out about this.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. 

We're aiming to improve our features so we hope youโ€™ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

Meanwhile - you can vote for this idea to make sure Spotify looks into it. You'll find all the info regarding how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I would really like to block an abusive person and their "flying monkeys" from my Spotify. Please make this possible.

They really need to look into fixing this.. when you have a stalker any way they stalk you is abusive and intrusive,not to me tion unnerving. I want to share with my kids my playlist and not have to .ale them all invisible!

I second this motion

Hello Spotify Team,

Please implement the option to remove followers.

I prefer not to have any followers and I donโ€™t want to waste my time with creating a new account and transferring all my playlists manually.

Thank you! 

Suggested posts