NEXT STEP

remove followers

Solved!

remove followers

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

how do i remove a follower?

66 Replies

yes please implement this seriously

i have this problem too.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

As @Mario mentioned earlier in the thread - there's an idea about this. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

You can read more about how your feedback reach Spotify here.

If you have any questions we're always happy to help.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

YES THERES A IDEA ON THIS TOPIC AND THIS IDEA HAS 10K VOTES BUT YOU STILL DO NOTHING

We are on a good path to get this feature finally implemented. We only need 10M votes more and spotify will consider it in their roadmap for 2025. Yay. It's 2020 and spotify is promoting stalking and do not offer basic features to protect users privacy. Everything for as less as 12 USD per month. Great deal.

How about privacy and free will to remove or block a profile?!

As of February 2, 2021 there is still no way to block followers on your Spotify account.  Posting messages to Spotify on this forum is ineffectual.  Go to: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/how-can-i-contact-spotify/

I have chosen to use their Contact Form at:  https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

This Contact Form, as well as other methods of contacting Spotify, are available using the first link.

Hope this helps.

Dee

p.s. I also left the following message on their Feedback Form:

I have searched tirelessly trying to find a way only to discover Spotify does not allow me to block followers. You must allow your users to block followers. It is a very common issue. People don't feel safe. Some are being stalked. Some just don't want everyone knowing there business. Please install a "Allow Followers" option. Thank you.

So this is still not a thing. You are asking us to upvote an idea and we are asking you to actually take action. Are we not hitting the thumbs up enough? We've been hitting it for years. I'm sure people are a little apathetic to that "solution". Anyway, i wish you would. I was the victim of a violent crime, the perpetrator being someone I knew and whom i can now not remove from my spotify. While this may not be an issue for you, its a very big one for me. And i know it is for a lot of other people too. It would be nice if you would act on the concerns users have been addressing for years. This is nuts. 

Thank you! I'm going everywhere I can. Not that it matters but i don't take action with silence like spotify would prefer by brushing users off and directing them to upvote something they've upvoted for years. how patronizing and what a joke.

Here's a solution:
(For mobile devices)
Go to settings, and turn on Private Session.
(For PC)
Click the horizontal arrow next to your profile and click Private Session.
Done! Stalkers or exes will not see your listening activity. (Hope it helps you 😉)

Excellent👍Thank you 😁

still not an acceptable fix. Blocking certain followers should still be implemented.

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

It's currently not possible to remove certain followers, but we recommend having a look at this idea suggesting the implementation of such a feature on Spotify. 

You can support the idea by adding your +VOTE and clicking on Subscribe in the three-dots menu at the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this. It’s also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

Agreed.

This solution works for me.

Contact Spotify Support with your concerns.

Hopefully you will find the links above helpful.

Thank you for that temporary solution. That is a rational/logical idea that I should have thought of. 

HOWEVER SPOTIFY, it's personal now. I shouldn't have to do that. 

Remember to click the Private Session button before every listening session when using Spotify.

Again, click the Private Session every time you listen. 

Spotify just sent me a Feedback Form. I've demanded they rectify this issue.

I’ll do private session sometimes, yes, but also i shouldn’t have to. I hope spotify takes this idea seriously, there’s clearly a large backing for it.

Remember to click the "Private Session" button before every listening
session when using Spotify.

Again, click the "Private Session" every time you listen.

Spotify just sent me a "Feedback Form". I've demanded they rectify this
issue.

Agreed.

Why is this still not implemented ? 

I should have full control on what I share in my social life and with whom. I have been a paid member from the beginning and unfortunately I will have to cancel my membership until this basic feature is in place.

Suggested posts