Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Mad4music
  • Visitor
  • 62 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 62 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlists being removed from my Android phone

Ok so every time I turn my Android phone off or the battery dies I lose all of my offline playlists that I've downloaded. Very frustrating.I've try uninstalling the ap removing everything to do with Spotify from my phone and SDcard, reinstalling the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Ok so every time I turn my Android phone off or the battery dies I lose all of my offline playlists that I've downloaded. Very frustrating. I've try uninstalling the ap removing everything to do wit...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Doesnt give me option to create playlist (galaxy s7)

Just downloaded Spotify and was running the free version and could not create playlists so I downloaded the premium version and same problem!

• Regular
  • Just downloaded Spotify and was running the free version and could not create playlists so I downloaded the premium version and same problem!
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Why cant a stream??

I have spotify premium so download a lot of my music but i cant seem to stream music. It says its not available but then i can download it??? I have checked my settings and they are all right...i never used to have this issue but its been like this f...

• I have spotify premium so download a lot of my music but i cant seem to stream music. It says its not available but then i can download it??? I have checked my settings and they are all right...i nev...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't add songs to playlists

Hey guys, since this last update I'll find songs, select the option to 'add to Playlist' and the window disappears without giving further options and without adding to any playlist. Is this a common problem?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, since this last update I'll find songs, select the option to 'add to Playlist' and the window disappears without giving further options and without adding to any playlist. Is this a common ...
  • Topdollardj
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

AFTER UPDATING, SOME FEATURES WONT WORK

The features likeAdd to queAdd to playlist and the rest wont work for my spotify. Pls address this asap

• The features like Add to que Add to playlist and the rest wont work for my spotify. Pls address this asap
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App often locks up and becomes unresponsive.

I have an LG G5, to start.Often when Im using Spotify, music will stop playing. It'll be 10-20 minutes before the music resumes.Songs will often also be loading, so I cant click on anything. When it does this, it becomes completely unresponsive and I...

• Regular
  • I have an LG G5, to start. Often when Im using Spotify, music will stop playing. It'll be 10-20 minutes before the music resumes. Songs will often also be loading, so I cant click on anything. When...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Family subscription, only bill payer can have playlists?

Hey all. We upgraded one of our accounts from premium to family. We have added the new family members (me) and downloaded the app.No one can add playlists via the android app, or add songs to existing playlists (created on the pc) except the main acc...

• Hey all. We upgraded one of our accounts from premium to family. We have added the new family members (me) and downloaded the app. No one can add playlists via the android app, or add songs to exi...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

cancellation

Will I lose my music if I cancel my account for Telco provider to pick up the cost for premium?

• Will I lose my music if I cancel my account for Telco provider to pick up the cost for premium?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest android update menu doesnt work

You can search a song to play but if you select the menu that offers the option to add song to playlist, go to artist or go to album simply doesn't work. You can click on the option to add to playlist but nothing happens. This started happening after...

• You can search a song to play but if you select the menu that offers the option to add song to playlist, go to artist or go to album simply doesn't work. You can click on the option to add to playlis...
  • 4themo
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Per song options not working

Click the button with three bullets and click any options so that nothing happens.Oh! One more thing, Spotify's support is very premium. Thanks community.

• Casual Listener
  • Click the button with three bullets and click any options so that nothing happens. Oh! One more thing, Spotify's support is very premium. 😑 Thanks community. 😁
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] New menu user interface is not working

New user interface when pressing menu button (add to playlist, go to artist, go to album, etc) are not working. When I press one of them, nothing happened. Using LG G Pro 2.

• Casual Listener
  • New user interface when pressing menu button (add to playlist, go to artist, go to album, etc) are not working. When I press one of them, nothing happened. Using LG G Pro 2.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Can't select anything under the Options button (three dots).

Hello,I'm using Spotify version 6.2.0.1028 armV7 with Android 7.0 on a Nexus 5X.I'm unable to utilize anything when selecting the Options button (three dots) on tracks, albums, artists, & playlists.If I select something, the menu dissapears like it's...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm using Spotify version 6.2.0.1028 armV7 with Android 7.0 on a Nexus 5X. I'm unable to utilize anything when selecting the Options button (three dots) on tracks, albums, artists, &...
  • Wishwasher
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps deleting all my downloaded songs

Hi, this is the 3rd time this has happened. The songs are removed from my phone, I don't think they are desynced since my SD card storage is cleared up of all the songs (about 5GB worth).Any way to prevent this from happening again?Thank you

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, this is the 3rd time this has happened. The songs are removed from my phone, I don't think they are desynced since my SD card storage is cleared up of all the songs (about 5GB worth). Any way ...
  • Algee
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to share music.

Every time I try to share a song, using spotify, on my s7, I keep getting the same pop up that asks how I would like to share the song. It has many options accept for Spotify itself. See the attached screen shot.Can anyone help me figure this out?

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I try to share a song, using spotify, on my s7, I keep getting the same pop up that asks how I would like to share the song. It has many options accept for Spotify itself. See the attached...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution AYUDAAA

CAMBIÉ DE EQUIPO, Y AL MOMENTO DE INICIAR SESIÓN EN EL NUEVO EQUIPO, NO ME APARECE NINGUNA CANCIÓN NI PLAYLIST NI NADA!!!! ESTOY EN PLAN FAMILIAR, Y ME REGISTRA LA CUENTA COMO SI NO ESTUVIERA EN ESE PLAN!! CÓMO PUEDO HACER PARA RECUPERAR MI MÚSICA???

• CAMBIÉ DE EQUIPO, Y AL MOMENTO DE INICIAR SESIÓN EN EL NUEVO EQUIPO, NO ME APARECE NINGUNA CANCIÓN NI PLAYLIST  NI NADA!!!! ESTOY EN PLAN FAMILIAR, Y ME REGISTRA LA CUENTA COMO SI NO ESTUVIERA E...
  • Anyk17
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution All playlist needs re downloaded when phone restarts

Everytime my phone restarts all my playlist music has to re downloaded and i keep all of my music on my sd card which i have plenty of room on the sd card. I have turn all the power saving options off with Spotify and everything else on my device. I ...

• Everytime my phone restarts all my playlist music has to re downloaded and i keep all of my music on my sd card which i have plenty of room on the sd card. I have turn all the power saving options of...
  • Anyk17
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Musics stop playing for no reason

I don't know if anybody else has this problem but whenever I use my phone when Spotify is open in the background,music stops playing. It happens in my hand. When it is in my pocket, no problem occurs. I am a premium user and listening a list that is ...

• I don't know if anybody else has this problem but whenever I use my phone when Spotify is open in the background,music stops playing. It happens in my hand. When it is in my pocket, no problem occurs...
  • Anyk17
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Downloading without saving to library?

It seems whenever I "download" an album for offline play, it automatically adds all the songs in that album to My Library. When I reverse the download, the songs are removed from my offline library, but all the songs remain in My Library. Anyway to d...

• It seems whenever I "download" an album for offline play, it automatically adds all the songs in that album to My Library. When I reverse the download, the songs are removed from my offline library, ...
  • mikoskamuka
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Error en Last Fm

Hola ! Hace días que quiero vincular mi app de Spotif en Android con mi cuenta de Last Fm, pero me da error de contraseña.Ya vincule la app de mi pc sin problemas. Esta de mas decir que ya probé las mil maneras, chekee que no haya errores de espacios...

• Hola ! Hace días que quiero vincular mi app de Spotif en Android con mi cuenta de Last Fm, pero me da error de contraseña. Ya vincule la app de mi pc sin problemas. Esta de mas decir que ya probé la...
  • adailtonsilveir
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes