Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Transfering music from Google Play to Spotify (Originally from itunes) without a computer.

Hello, new to the forums.I was wondering if it is possible to transfer the music I smart switched to my android device from itunes, to Spotify- without a computer. I no longer have the computer with my music on it only what is now downloaded on my sa...

• Hello, new to the forums. I was wondering if it is possible to transfer the music I smart switched to my android device from itunes, to Spotify- without a computer. I no longer have the computer wit...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Missing Play Queue button

Hey, so I used to have Spotify and have recently returned to the service. I have an Android Moto X and I cant find the play queue anywhere. I have already been to the section in the Spotify Help page which discusses it's location. According to that w...

• Regular
  • Hey, so I used to have Spotify and have recently returned to the service. I have an Android Moto X and I cant find the play queue anywhere. I have already been to the section in the Spotify Help page...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing Local Files from Android

Hi, so I want to play the local files from my laptop on my Android device. I know that to do this you have to make a playlist containing those songs. I have created the playlist. But when I want to play that playlist on my phone, it says 'Songs not A...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, so I want to play the local files from my laptop on my Android device.   I know that to do this you have to make a playlist containing those songs. I have created the playlist. But when I ...
  • EthanS1
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Desktop
    Desktop Player Customise spotiamp
    local files
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! AVRCP support to see artist and track metadata during Bluetooth playback

Hi! Are there any plans for implementing AVRCP 1.3+ to enable Spotify metadata (such as track title and artist) to be displayed when playing through Blueooth? For example, in my car I can see the name of the song, artist, and album when playing music...

• Hi!   Are there any plans for implementing AVRCP 1.3+ to enable Spotify metadata (such as track title and artist) to be displayed when playing through Blueooth?   For example, in my car...
  • Adrian256
  • Casual Listener
  • 122 replies
  • 55 likes
  • 122 replies
  • 55 likes

Premium account, but random sequence only?

Hi!I have a premium account but I can play songs only in random sequence. Is there correct? Or there is a way to modify this? Thanks a lot!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I have a premium account but I can play songs only in random sequence. Is there correct? Or there is a way to modify this?  Thanks a lot!
  • tuboly74
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Home screen - Something not working

This is a reccurent issue. Every time I launch the app the home screen display's "sorry, something went wrong. - That didn't work. Please have another go" Other tabs work fine. But this one never updates and I have the same message over and over agai...

Screenshot_2016-05-24-09-42-55.png
  • Visitor
  • This is a reccurent issue.    Every time I launch the app the home screen display's "sorry, something went wrong. - That didn't work. Please have another go"   Other tabs work fine...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot log into my account

Hi, I am currently having issues logging into my Spotify account. When I try to log in on the regular email link I get a message saying "you do not have a Spotify account connected to your Facebook account. If you have a Spotify account, please log i...

• Hi, I am currently having issues logging into my Spotify account. When I try to log in on the regular email link I get a message saying "you do not have a Spotify account connected to your Facebook a...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Music From Playlist Disappear

So i've been following and downloaded all song from some user playlist, and notice the songs of playlist is changing everyday. Sometimes they adding or removing songs from their playlist.My question, where are my downloaded songs from that playlist??...

• Casual Listener
  • So i've been following and downloaded all song from some user playlist, and notice the songs of playlist is changing everyday. Sometimes they adding or removing songs from their playlist. ...
  • kucinku
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • disappear
    songs
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Marantz 8802a and Spotify connect

This is the solution that I have found for my Marantz AV8802 periodically not showing up in the "Connect to a Device" Devices list.Setup Menu of Marantz;Setup-Network Settings-Set DHCP to OFF.Cycle power to device for 1 minute.Setup-Network Connectio...

• This is the solution that I have found for my Marantz AV8802 periodically not showing up in the "Connect to a Device" Devices list. Setup Menu of Marantz; Setup-Network Settings-Set DHCP ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Music isn't playing

Specifically "The Devine Feminine" by Mac Miller will not play.

• Specifically "The Devine Feminine" by Mac Miller will not play.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle play suggested songs

Hello, I've used to choose artists and click on shuffle play and only songs from that artists would play. Now I'm getting suggested songs from other artists , is there a way to stop this? This is main reason I switch from pandora to spotify.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I've used to choose artists and click on shuffle play and only songs from that artists would play.  Now I'm getting suggested songs from other artists ,  is there a way to s...
  • bloodrop
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Not Playing

Hi Spotify, There is a new album I am keen to play, but 3/4 songs will not play - some will start then stop after 7 seconds, others won't play at all, despite the pause icon suggesting that they are. Needless to say I have tried restarting the app, r...

• Hi Spotify,    There is a new album I am keen to play, but 3/4 songs will not play - some will start then stop after 7 seconds, others won't play at all, despite the pause icon suggesting...
  • powerpuffpete
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't install app

Please help.

• Casual Listener
  • Please help.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

ecualizer

I cant Enter to the ecualizer in my Huawei gx8 why?

• I cant Enter to the ecualizer in my Huawei gx8 why?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify paylist download

Vraag: waarom verwijderd mijn mobiel of de app zelf elke keer mijn playlist? En dan bedoel ik mijn offline tracks. Ik blijf downloaden

• Casual Listener
  • Vraag: waarom verwijderd mijn mobiel of de app zelf elke keer mijn playlist? En dan bedoel ik mijn offline tracks. Ik blijf downloaden 😞
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug: Android app, when connected to a ChromeCast, the Artist Radio thumbs up/down do not work.

I was using my android app and was connected to a ChromeCast and I was using Artist Radio. I could not use the thumbs up/down on the app but I could change to a regular song playlist and go back and the thumbs up/down would be correct [up/down or bla...

• Gig Goer
  • I was using my android app and was connected to a ChromeCast and I was using Artist Radio. I could not use the thumbs up/down on the app but I could change to a regular song playlist and go back and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost song

I accidently deleted a song from a Playlist called spring 2014. It was right under man of the year. Can you please recover it. It was by w&w I belive. Thank you moderator.

• I accidently deleted a song from a Playlist called spring 2014. It was right under man of the year. Can you please recover it. It was by w&w I belive. Thank you moderator.
  • cosmicmoose
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung s6 only podcast downloads vanish

I have been having the same problem with my podcast downloads only. All my music is there and I'm using an s6 so no SD card. I download prob like 10 hours of podcast to get me through my work day. As soon as I leave my WiFi, about an hour or so later...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been having the same problem with my podcast downloads only. All my music is there and I'm using an s6 so no SD card. I download prob like 10 hours of podcast to get me through my work day. As...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Samsung S6
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth Car Radio Connectivity

When my phone connects to the radio in the car, I cannot get music to play even after pressing the play button on the radio. The phone does start playing the song sometimes but sound does not get pushed to the radio until the phone is unlocked and sp...

• Casual Listener
  • When my phone connects to the radio in the car, I cannot get music to play even after pressing the play button on the radio. The phone does start playing the song sometimes but sound does not get pus...
  • Ilidolphin
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Stop Playing

I listen to Spotify on both my work computer and cell phone. For the past week, the songs have just stopped playing in the middle of a song. This happens on both computer and cell. Please help.

• Visitor
  • I listen to Spotify on both my work computer and cell phone. For the past week, the songs have just stopped playing in the middle of a song. This happens on both computer and cell. Please help.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes