Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Some premium Features are disabled on android

For some reason I had to download all my songs again and now I can't use the Equalizer, offline-mode, crossfade, and some other stuff.Does anybody know why this has happened?(I can still listen to music/downloaded music as usual)

• For some reason I had to download all my songs again and now I can't use the Equalizer, offline-mode, crossfade, and some other stuff. Does anybody know why this has happened? (I can still listen t...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashes after login - car headunit

PlanPremiumDeviceAllwinner quad-core t3 k2001 (car headunit)Operating SystemAndroid 9My Question or IssueAfter one of the last updates - roughly a month ago, Spotify began crashing on startup. That is - after operating normally for about a year.If I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Allwinner quad-core t3 k2001 (car headunit) Operating System Android 9 My Question or Issue After one of the last updates - roughly a month ago, Spotify began crashing on s...
  • f2e0ft8drjfhrx5cara6
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist starts over after one song

When controlling Spotify using connect and playing a Playlist, the playlist starts over from the beginning after one song finishes. This only occurs if the playlist is started or controlled from an android device. Playlists function normally in the W...

• When controlling Spotify using connect and playing a Playlist, the playlist starts over from the beginning after one song finishes. This only occurs if the playlist is started or controlled from an a...
  • listener_3
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue jumps to the beginning of the playlist

When start playing for instance the 5. song of a playlist, the songs 1 - 4 are automatically filled on top of the queue, instead of continuing with the 6. song. Android 12

• Regular
  • When start playing for instance the 5. song of a playlist, the songs 1 - 4 are automatically filled on top of the queue, instead of continuing with the 6. song.   Android 12     &...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Autofill
    queue
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The music stops for a few seconds when Up Next appears on the screen

I am using the Spotify app on Android TV and often the music stops for a few seconds when Up Next appears in the upper right corner on the screen.When I cast through Chromecast from my phone, this doesn't happen.The problem appeared since I updated t...

• Casual Listener
  • I am using the Spotify app on Android TV and often the music stops for a few seconds when Up Next appears in the upper right corner on the screen. When I cast through Chromecast from my phone, this ...
  • MihailY
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No Connection with WLAN

PlanPremium CountrySwitzerland DeviceXiaomi 12S Ultra Operating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueHello. I changed my phone recently, I switched from the Xiaomi Note 11 Pro 5G to the actual one. Now it seems like Spotify won't connect to the Inter...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Country Switzerland   Device Xiaomi 12S Ultra   Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue Hello. I changed my phone recently, I switched from ...
  • MihailY
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android downloading woes, having to click wifi off and on to access folders and playlists, etc

I have an android, and I like to download podcasts while I'm on wifi. My problem is that sometimes it goes great, and sometimes it kind of blocks at some percentage complete (right now it's been at 8% since last night) and then I can be on wifi for h...

• I have an android, and I like to download podcasts while I'm on wifi. My problem is that sometimes it goes great, and sometimes it kind of blocks at some percentage complete (right now it's been at 8...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts, Downloading.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry USA 2022Galaxy note 8Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWhen attempting to download a podcast, it shows the downloading logo then immediately switches to a white exclamation point.

• Plan Free/Premium Country USA    2022 Galaxy note 8 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue When attempting to download a podcast...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Issue with controls on lock screen?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceGalaxy S10Operating SystemI think Android Pie My Question or IssueI recently purchased a Galaxy S10, I have spotify playing and the screen locks, it'll show the: song you're listening to, previous song, Play/pause button an...

Screenshot_20190309-060618_Samsung Experience Home.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Galaxy S10 Operating System I think Android Pie   My Question or Issue I recently purchased a Galaxy S10, I have spotify playing and the screen locks, i...
  • szharz
  • 72 replies
  • 30 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 30 likes

Superuser Contribution Web Chrome player won't stoo cutting off my music.

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaPhoneSamsung galaxy s21 ultra Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueEvery time i try and use this app, any music i play, plays for a few seconds and gets cut off my web chrome cast.I ha...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Phone Samsung galaxy s21 ultra  Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Every time i try and use this a...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shared tablet for 2 duo users: Login is cumbersome

PlanPremiumCountryGermany Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueContext: My parents share a duo premium account. They are using a shared Android tablet in ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Con...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shown image in the notification center

When I open my notification center I see the image of the song that was last played, not the one I'm listening to, it does that with ads too

• Visitor
  • When I open my notification center I see the image of the song that was last played, not the one I'm listening to, it does that with ads too
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Try to play my artist's or play list and it keeps cutting to other artist's

Won't play my choices of music. Keeps going to music i would never listen toJust started doing this out of the blue .

• Visitor
  • Won't play my choices of music. Keeps going to music i would never listen to Just started doing this out of the blue .
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I disable autoplay on other devices?

I'm aware that there should be a setting to disable auto play on both my phone and 'other devices' however I don't seem to have that option in my app. I'm running the latest version 8.7.92.521 on Android 13, is there something I need to do to get thi...

• Visitor
  • I'm aware that there should be a setting to disable auto play on both my phone and 'other devices' however I don't seem to have that option in my app. I'm running the latest version 8.7.92.521 on An...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why I still see that I haven't paid????

I already made my payment, but still on the screen of my cell phone it appears that "my student account is paused" but in the app of my matebook it appears that it is not... what happened?

• I already made my payment, but still on the screen of my cell phone it appears that "my student account is paused" but in the app of my matebook it appears that it is not... what happened?
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Explicit song

I can't play any songs with the letter E next to them anymore even though I have the allows explicit music option ON in the settings

• Visitor
  • I can't play any songs with the letter E next to them anymore even though I have the allows explicit music option ON in the settings
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files being erroneously flagged as unplayable

Android latest versionpremium This has been a bad issue for maybe a year now and its getting to the point where I wont be able to keep using spotify.Local files on the device are seemingly randomly flagged as unplayable and then skipped if they come ...

• Casual Listener
  • Android latest version premium   This has been a bad issue for maybe a year now and its getting to the point where I wont be able to keep using spotify. Local files on the device are seeming...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution "Hey Spotify" feature not working on Android

Hello. I updated my Spotify and activated the "Hey Spotify" feature but nothing happens when I say "Hey Spotify..." with the app open AND after updating it. Normal voice search works and mic permission is on. I tried deactivating and then reactivatin...

20210806_002826.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello. I updated my Spotify and activated the "Hey Spotify" feature but nothing happens when I say "Hey Spotify..." with the app open AND after updating it. Normal voice search works and mic permissi...
  • Stix2620
  • Casual Listener
  • 46 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 46 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to view queue on Android

Plan - Premium IndividualCountry - UK Device - Pixel 7 / iPhone XR / Macbook Pro 2019Operating System - Android 13 / iOS 16.1.2 / macOS Monterey 12.6.1 My Question or IssueOften when I finish listening to a playlist, a new playlist will start automat...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan - Premium Individual Country - UK   Device - Pixel 7 / iPhone XR / Macbook Pro 2019 Operating System - Android 13 / iOS 16.1.2 / macOS Monterey 12.6.1    My Question or...
  • uchechie
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution pourquoi mob spotify bug ?

lorsque que je lance l'appli tout se passe bien puis je passe les musics et celles si restent figé, les paroles ne s'affichent pas et je ne peux pas mettre pause

• Visitor
  • lorsque que je lance l'appli tout se passe bien puis je passe les musics et celles si restent figé, les paroles ne s'affichent pas et je ne peux pas mettre pause
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes