$12.99 charge?

$12.99 charge?

Nistico60
Casual Listener

Hi,

So I recently upgraded to Premium from my phone, and I've been charged for a month at $12.99; this charge was accompanied by a free seven days. Has this happened to anyone else? How do you suggest I go about getting it remedied?

Thanks so much!

Vince

15 Replies

Re: $12.99 charge?

Peter__
Community Legend
Did you pay via the Apple App Store (which is more expensive than normal Premium)?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Nistico60
Casual Listener

I did...is there any way to be credited?

Joe
Community Legend

Didn't the apple store show the $12.99 charge? The reason you pay more through apple is that they take a 30% commisiion but it shouldn't be hidden. If you're unhappy, you need to ask apple for a refund.

startgame412
Regular

I gather that you get charged $12.99 plus tax so it might come out to $14 and change knowing how much tax apple charges for their in app purchases. I do not know why this is but I do know that it is not like this for everything. Two other services that subscribed to in the past through iTunes charged $9.99 a month plus 89 cents for tax bring the total to $10.88 per month. However, another service purchased through iTunes cost $14.99 per month plus $1.33 bringing the total cost to $16.32 per month. Purchased directly, the same service costs $9.99 per month. Not sure why it is the way it is but it's good to hear that Spotify can now be purchased trhough iTunes for those who rather not use a credit card albet at the cost of pay a few dollars more a month. By the way when did Spotify premium become available for purchase through iTunes?

Joe
Community Legend

Subscribing through iTunes became available a couple of days ago I believe.

Peter__
Community Legend
Yup - very recently! 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

okEric
Regular
darn I bought this on impulse through the App Store and just figured it'd be the usual $10 (I get premium sporadically) and ended up paying $13 instead. Kind of feel cheated.

kbrooksc
Community Legend

Such is the life of being an Apple customer...get used to being cheated. 

{Typed from my Apple Macbook Pro}

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Mr49er17
Is the $12.99 a 1 time fee or does iTunes charge it monthly?
SUGGESTED POSTS