Country

Brazil

Device

Xiomi mi A1

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Hello Guys,

Today I recivied an e-mail telling me that my Spotify e-mail account was changed. But I'm did not this request. I think someone was trying to stolen my account. When the e-mail changed, the password changed too, because I can't log in anymore with my password (I'm using another acc to post this topic). When I try to "reset password", the confirmation goes to the new fake e-mail, and naturally, I can't access it. 

I've already sent e-mail to spotify support and I'm waiting for replay. 

Do you guys have another possible preventive actions for me?

Thanks. 

4 Replies

Hey @user-removed - welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Some actions you can take is to secure your account with a strong password, and check your account activity regularly. 

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply Billy. Unfortunately I can't access this link you provided me correctly here, it says " An invalid set of parameters has been specified in the url". Is the url correct? 

I recommend changing it back if you can as well as using a password manager such as LastPass to generate a secure password for you.  Hope I could help!  😊

Thanks for the reply @user-removed 🙂

You are right, the URL wasn’t correct, sorry about this. You can find methods to contact Spotify directly, here

They can help further, and take a better look into your account. Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts