Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account shared with random stranger

Account shared with random stranger

I have an issue where my account appears to be shared with a stranger from the other side of the world. Each time I log into my spotify it says X is playing on his device etc etc. We play device ping pong for a while before one of us eventually gives up. The same works in reverse where I will be happily playing my music and it suddenly cuts out. We also appear to be sharing playlists where one will create / delete the others music.

I have reset the password etc ect but nothing seems to make a difference. It appears more like the database thinks the account is the same.

I am not alone yet radio silence from spotify:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/New-unknown-device-showed-up-family...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partners-Windows/Spotify-connect-hacked/m-p/1310922#M242...

13 Replies

Hello @morphi34,

Something doesn't sound right here. Have you gone to your account overview and clicked "sign out everywhere".

Please let me know what happens, we might need to escalate your case.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

I have the exact same issue now. A very annoyed German stranger and I are able to create play lists at the same account. It is clear that the other person can't see my other play lists from the past. When the person plays a song it overwrites my current song - the same thing goes the other way, so I can apparently play a new song at his device. His device is a Sony Xperia Z2 phone. Please fix this - he has already created a play list called something quite hostile - and I get his irritation.!

Apparently I'm facing the exact same problem where I keep connecting to not just one, but a few different devices. This gets really annoying and the temporary solution is to go offline mode which can be a small annoyance. Also my playlists keeps getting deleted and there would be a random playlist out of nowhere.

Almost positive this is a well known issue for them. Seems they would rather stay silent on the issue and assume it's a user error rather then attempt to fix their flawed app/servers. This has happened to me as well. Already created a completely new account with a different email. I am once again having the same issue of some random person connected to my account. This forces me to turn on offline mode just to avoid playing song ping pong with the other connected user.

Same issue.

Password was changed, German songs added, devices that are not mine that i cannot get rid of.

My card expires on the 27th, if its not fixed i wont be updating it i'll go to other services.

This is happening to me too!!
Earlier this week i noticed another device, changed password.
Today all of a sudden a collaborative playlist showed up, changed my password again and added some personal information, also.. I have NOT gotten ANY emails from spotify stating password changes have happened.. what's going on?????

And of course.. I have logged out all devices again and again and again..

Please do escalate, this is obviously an issue that many people are experiencing.

Any solutions that you search for will always be someone telling you to change your password or create a new account. The issue here is not that people are gaining access to your account with your own password. It's an ongoing problem on their end that they apparently don't know how to fix or won't investigate thoroughly because they are too busy copy pasting temporary solutions. I've already submitted tickets and dealt with support. Trying to figure out which music app I should switch to now.

The same is happening to me, some stranger broke into my network and accessed my data including my spotify account. I don't know what to do, can someone help me?

I encountered the same issue within the first two weeks of being on Spotify Premium. Support has gotten back to me (via twitter) with the standard (1) your account has not been compromised, (2) sign out of all devices, and (3) change password. It's happened twice now, I've changed my password twice and signed out of all my devices but somehow I've been signed into some strangers' device (an Andriod, which I definitely do not own) even after changing passwords. 

This is not cool....

Hi any one with a solutionnfor this??? I cant listen to my music becouse every time another guy song gets in the middle

Hi any one with a solutionnfor this??? I cant listen to my music becouse every time another guy song gets in the middle

this is what exactly happening to me!!! did u find any solution to this? 

Suggested posts