Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

After Update - Can't log in to my Premiumaccount but to a new Facebookaccount.

After Update - Can't log in to my Premiumaccount but to a new Facebookaccount.

Hey guys, hope somebody is able to help me - I wrote 3 mails to the support-team but won't get an answer at all, so I'll try here:

After restarting spotify for an update last week it wouldn't let me log in to my Account, but strangely logged me in to a new Account (a facebookaccount I guess) with no followers, playlist and no premium upgrade. I am using the same login for facebook and spotify but never connected it (I always closed the popup with the question to connect to my account, when logging in) - so I tried changing my facebook password, as I thought I could now log into spotify with my 'spotify'-log in, but it didn't work, I just can log into the new account with my new password. 

Not only my Premium is gone, also my mobile-app is not working and of course all my playlists and followers are gone. I can find my public playlists with my name and also my spotify-id, which is 1121943912 (I also tried to log in with the numbers but it'd say wrong username and/or password.) 

My new account (the one I don't want) has a different id to the original one. Is it possible to connect my profile again to my 'old' account? (/ I  I need my playlists and also I'm paying 10 Euros (which is a lot for me as a volonteer) a month for the premium-version. I also never wanted to share anything on facebook or be connected to it in any ways (I know how to turn it of, but still - a strange thing to go on here ;))

So:

Right Account: 1121943912

Wrong Account: 1199605879

Please, somebody help me! 🙂

Lena

23 Replies

Hello, robotanic! I think that your premium account got merged with your Facebook account which created a new separate account. Because you already sent three e-mails to the customer services team and never got an answer at all, I'd like to ask if you could post a case number you received here so that I could get someone to get this sorted out for you.

Hej und thank you for the fast reply - this is the number of the first mail I sent:

# 00930291

Thank you so much for your help, I use Sotify a lot for searching music for my work and losing my playlist caused already lots of trouble for me, because I have to search the songs I wanted to buy again...It sounds very plausible, that everything got merged with both account, but I'm sure everything gets sorted out soon!

I've escalated this for a staff member to take a look into. Please be patient!

Hi, I am having the exact same problem, and was also directed to these forums after reaching out to support.  Can you please let me know what the resolution is, or forward my info to the same person helping robotanic? My case number is 00933025, and spotify ID is 1211457537.

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks a lot for helping!

@tommysalami wrote:

Hi, I am having the exact same problem, and was also directed to these forums after reaching out to support.  Can you please let me know what the resolution is, or forward my info to the same person helping robotanic? My case number is 00933025, and spotify ID is 1211457537.

Thanks,

Tom

A staff member that is going to look into this should notice your message as well. Fingers crossed, guys!

Thanks! I was wondering if it was wrong to write in German to the Costumer Service? (Because the form was in German I thought it'd be right :)). If needed or quicker I can resend it in English.

tommysalami and robotanic - thanks for your patience here. We'll help as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on your inboxes!

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

hey, i'm from germany and i have the same problem...

there was an update and after this spotify told me that i have to log in new... and after this i had a new account but with my normal mail adresse. but all is gone... my premium account, my followers, my songs... how can i get back my old account?

my new account and rwong account: 1199891597

my right account: 1163069416

Hello! im having the same problem.

On thursday evening i logged off my spotify ( I have spotify unlimited and about 8 playlists).

On friday morning i tried to log in but spotify wouldnt let me. After one hour of trying i was able to log in.

I have always logged in through facebook and didnt understand why it wouldnt work. Finally when it did

i realised that all my playlists where gone, and that i had been demoted to spotify gratis. 

I sent messages to the technical support team, but in vain. 

And today i see that i have just been charged on my bank account for spotify unlimited, THAT I CANT USE.

I also have received 2 id'.s The original one is 111 251 7668 (the account is so desperately want back)

And the unwanted account that i unfortunately have right now is : 1199605188. 

Can someone please please help me? I would be more than grateful. Ive tried to follow all the steps given out on this thread but alas, nada works.

Thank you in advance 🙂

Martyn01 - The best way to sort this out is via our contact form. Please just reply again if you receive an automated message directing you back to the Community--thanks!

nan-assia - I've gotten back to you in this thread here

Hej Guys,

have you already got an solution for this?

I haven't got a message yet (still I'm asking myself, should I resend it in English, as I wrote in German, because the contact sheet was german as well) and I couldn't use my account for a week now...

Thanks in advance

Lena

@user-removed wrote:

Hej Guys,

have you already got an solution for this?

I haven't got a message yet (still I'm asking myself, should I resend it in English, as I wrote in German, because the contact sheet was german as well) and I couldn't use my account for a week now...

Thanks in advance

Lena

Just be patient. Robbie answered to your post so they know your case is in the system. There's no need to resend the message in English.

The problem has been solved and I got my account back - so thanks for your help, all. (I'm using it right know, yay!)

Just one thing I'm wondering - the name shown in the right corner and also in my playlists and everything is now my user-Id-number-thing and not the name I used before, can I change this somewhere to my normal username (my real name?)

Thanks again!

Lena

Strange, would you be able to post your username here? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes! Thank you for your fast reply - it is: 1121943912

It also shows up in my mobile-app and anywhere else.

Strange, if you log into the desktop client, do you have the option in Edit > Preferences > Social Network > Connect to Facebook? 

It looks for whatever reason your account is not tied to Facebook anymore. 

Peter

Peter

Well, actually I thought this happened because I had this new, second account (the weird thing, that happened after the update I did - with my facebook name and nothing else in it, like playlists etc). I never used my normal account with Facebook, but my name was always the same...(I never worried about this, because I didn't want anybody to see my activties on Facebook.)

Just wondering, how are you logging into the application? 

Are you logging in using that username? 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts