Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

On the upper right of the Spotify Player is shows the name of someone I do not know. It says JenicaLee Rosete.

My account is NOT connected to Facebook, I have cleared all cache, uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled and it is still there (I have tried all the suggestions that were given to other people with the same issue).

I have no idea who this **bleep** is or how they are connected to my account. Many months ago it was a different name - that somehow resolved itself for a few days then switched to this Jenica Lee Rosete person.

Why is this still an issue with Spotify? There are threads about this happening running all the way back to at least 2012.

spotify.png
3 Replies

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi! 

I recommend you to check your email profile, because spotify gets directly all the information from the email, like your name, country,  etc. 

Also i recommend you to change your password and close session everywhere, to do this you can check all your information in the spotify page, you have to log in and go to the option account. 

I hope it help u 🙂

Clearly didn’t read my post.

The account isn’t hacked. I already changed the password, logged out of
everywhere, etc.

Somehow you guys have my account connected to a Facebook account - and I
don’t use Facebook and the option in settings says “connect to Facebook” so
I’m not connected.

So, why is this showing another name as seen in my screengrab I attached?

It’s not Rocket Surgery, figure out the bug or I’ll just cancel and be done
with it.

Suggested posts