Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list?

Solved!

Re: Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list?

nickgripton
Casual Listener

- Change password

- Logout from all devices (using Spotify web portal)

This is not a solution. Its a bodge until they make a solution. Come on Spotify. Why can't we manage devices ourselves. I work in a shared office and suddenly without giving permission I was connected to 2 other devices here and was stuck with Bruno Mars until I found this "solution". Sort it out!

drxvi
Regular

I got official email from spotify, confirming that this feature is not available yet.

My question:

I would like to know how to remove a device from my list of spotify connect device. When I go to friends, I can see on their wifi the avaialble device that can stream my spotify connect. Perfect! problem is... when I am back at my place.... I can still Stream my music to their device while I am not at their place anymore.... How can I delete those devices which are not mine from my list to avoid Stream music at other's place by accident.

Spotify Answer

Hello there,
Thanks for reaching out to us. We understand that you want to clear your account's device history for Spotify Connect. Not to worry, we're here to provide you with some information.
The feature to clear your account's Connect history is currently unavailable. What you can do is to avoid clicking on the Connect icon (that looks like the speaker icon) or chose the device where you want to play your music to.
We’ll be sure to pass your suggestion onto the right folks here at Spotify.

All the best,
Marco
Spotify Customer Support

All the people that advice to just "change password" and "logout from all devices" don't understand really the problem we describe here.

Spotify does understand (reassuring)... but there is no fix (yet)

Let's cross finger that it comes soon

bsamsel
Regular

same issue here, denon receiver just shows forever. no way to delete

will you guys ACTUALLY pass this onto someone that can do something about it at spotify or will you guys be like every other support forum where they say they will do it but issues are never addressed (adobe)

at a minimum you should let your users know why your developers are not addressing or provide us with their response

vltamblyn
Casual Listener
Hi guys, this may or may not assist, but I have been grappling with the same problem, where my iPhone kept switching to an air bnb Bose system if hooked up to via Spotify connect.

I went through the following process and it seems to have worked. The critical step I think is step 4 - which has not been mentioned in posts I've seen so far - but I've laid out the full crazy process just in case.

1 Spotify - sign out of all Devices
2 Facebook - reset facebook password/ remove Spotify app from FB account
3 Spotify - delete and reinstall app on iPhone and sign back in

AND here's the magic number 4 (at least for me)

4 Spotify account settings - go to APPS (see sttached...near bottom of list) The Bose system was there, and it gave me to option to 'REVOKE ACCESS'

I did this, signed out of all devices AGAIN for good measure, then logged out and back in, Bose speakers were gone!

Still gone an hour later! Yay!!

Hope this helps.

IMG_5257.PNG
IMG_5258.PNG

drxvi
Regular

Thanks for the post vltamblyn, I see indeed why/how it works for you. I think the Bose system is using a protocole that you can revoke like you describe. It seems that Sonos and Playstation are also using the same protocole, so indeed it might work for that too.

I am personally using Samsung multiroom system, and my friends too. 1- they dont appear in the list of service to Revoke and 2- The Samsung speaker of my friends, reappear on my spotify connect list 30 secs after the app is reinstallted despite not being on their wifi.

Happy that your solution works for Bose (and most probably for Sonos). Still waiting Spotify.com to offer an option to "forget" all the device it connected to.

vltamblyn
Casual Listener
Interesting!

Just a thought - as Samsung is clearly not using this same Apps protocol that Bose has introduced, it might also be worth contacting Samsung regarding this (if you haven't already!) while you wait for Spotify to address the 'forget devices' gap at their end.

Commiserations, I know how **bleep** dysfunctional this speaker piggyback issue is, it basically hijacks your Spotify. Best of luck!

drxvi
Regular
yes, I called Samsung and they told me to "reset" the speaker I dont want
to be connected to anymore... well...I don't see myself resetting my
friends speaker every time I leave their place after a dinner :)

the "forget" function has to be on spotify app (or spotify account online)
and it si missing

Have a good day
Highlighted

fsep0625

Magic this works thanks so much! i think step 4 is the key.

this can also be done on the web if not on your phone. 

Dude1893
Regular
It's ridiculous, how such basic problems stay and Spotify Support gives a rats a... about it. Spotify connect seems to me a large piece of buggy software now being implemented in a huge variety of speakers and therefore changes on these bugs being not possible. Radio is not working for 3 years either. I shouldn't have invested in four allplay speakers just for Spotify. Really a pain in the a...
Service at its best...

Re: Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list

drxvi
Regular
Good surprise today
There is now an option to only list devices that you are connected locally
(wifi or Ethernet)
This is GREAT so cannot click by mistake on the device of your friends
SUGGESTED POSTS