Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list?

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list

user-removed
Not applicable
Fantastic!

ConnyDri
Music Fan

That is good news. But still it´s not the "owner" of the Spotify Connect enable device that has control. Just the Spotify Connect user. So if a friend of mine has played on my system it´s his or hers choise to do this setting on his or hers Spotify Account. I want it the other way around.

So close but not an working solution.

// Conny

i7

Where is that? Using 1.0.52.725

drxvi
Regular

on version 8.2.0.549 on IOS

my librairy/gearwheel(top right)/devices

IMG_2988.PNG

johnbull_1975
Roadie

Yes, that's right!

I also discovered this a few weeks ago after visiting another house and logged into their WiFi and played music through their Yamaha A/V-receiver form Spotify Connect on my phone. Now I can play music in their house, 400km from my home at any time I want.

This also means that some people I know can play music on my system at any time, by misstake or as a joke and there is no way I can prohib it. I don't know if it helps to do a factory reset for all my Heos by Denon players and I don't have the time to do that after every time I have a friend over who have access to my WiFi.

I acutally considering about chaning to anohter music provider as Spotify is that insecure! I know it will not help to protect myself as this security issue occurs from other peoples Spotify accounts! But I became so annoyed at Spotify so I consider to leave them due to that.

I have sent a question about it to support@spotify.com and waiting or answer.

Start emailing them about it so they take this seriously!

Solution!

johnbull_1975
Roadie

spotfy replyed and first they tried to blame Denon as I'm a HEOS user and don't like that friends can play music from distance to my system.

I can't get some friends Yamaha A/V-receiver out of my account. I have tried "sign out everywhere" but it comes back.

I sent the link to this thread to spotify support, but I don't think they really care.

I got p****d and canceled my Premium subscription today.

View solution in original post

johnbull_1975
Roadie

Another answer from Spotify Support:

"We've now coordinated your case to our higher support and were told that it could be a possible account issue."

I have referred to this thread and still they think there is some trouble with my account!

They want me to create a new Spotify account...of cause the Yamaha A/V-receiver 450 km from my home will not be connected to that new account...until I go there again and play some music...

If you see this problem that you can start music to a player on a network you are no longer inside (some friends player from your home network or from mobile network) please email support@spotify.com and refer to my ticket ref:_00DD0pxIW._500571SrE4Y:ref and tell them this affects your account as well as mine.

I think there are two possible solution they have to choose from:

1: flush plyers on all accounts/apps every few hours

2: Remove the function to play music to players outside LAN (remove the option from settings and set it the variable to active for all accounts)

Who needs to play music on another network? If you can't connect to the LAN (WiFi) where the player is, you can probably not hear the music anyway, so what's the point?

ConnyDri
Music Fan

Totally agree! Just music on your local LAN, no point of having it any other way.

Have tested both Deezer and Tidal on HEOS, works great. (And you can control everything in the native HEOS App). Just for info.

// Conny

johnbull_1975
Roadie
Hi,
I have thought about testing Tidal on my HEOS, as I don't like the Spotify
GUI (not even a function for "clear que" and if you start one album and
then add another one it goes in between song one and two in the first
album. I'm a bit old fashioned and like to listen album wise. The same
limitation causes another issue: Say I'm listening to some old nice hard
rock in the morning and then stop music. In the evening I start a soft
album for dinner. After one song of soft music there comes Iron Maiden
again...)

Anyhow, what music service I choose does not protect me from mistakes (and
jokes) by my friends who have access to my HEOS system through their
Spotify accounts. I can't do a full factory reset of three HEOS players
after every visit by a friend (and I'm not even sure a factory reset helps
as I have not had time to test as it is only a solution for short time
anyway.)

ConnyDri
Music Fan
I have a similar experiance with Tidal, and the auto playlist is not good. Deezer is more as Spotify. Curated playlists.
SUGGESTED POSTS