Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't redeem code

Solved!

Can't redeem code

So for over a year a could pay premium with paypal, until the exact same thing, like here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Payment-problems-with-PayPal-suddenl...

happened to me. Since i have no credit card, i bought an ecard for myself, because there is "SofortÜberweisung"available. I tried to redeem the code in the receipt (i clicked on the link, so no chance of a typo) and spotify says it can't be redeemed right now. Why is that?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Do you currently have an active subscription? 

If not, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they can check this out for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Do you currently have an active subscription? 

If not, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they can check this out for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

I should have paid on 27th january, how long is a subscription active after not beeing able to pay?

It depends, normally if a payment fails (you didn't explicitly cancel it) Spotify give you a few days grace to retry the payment before your account reverts to Spotify free.

You can view your subscription status here:
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/
If it says you are still on premium (even if the payment date is in the past) then you should be good to go until your payment fails again.

Peter

Hi,

You should be able to add the code onto your subscription - this would then take over from your Paypal.  Could you please send the team a message via the link in Peter's reply?  They will check the code for you and see what is going wrong.

If you could post the case number into a reply to this thread, it will help me chase it up for you.

Suggested posts