Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

All affected

Operating System

Not applicable

My Question or Issue

Hi, I'm trying to change my account email address which is linked to Facebook. I've changed my email address on Facebook to the new one, but on my Spotify account page the email address is still the old one and grayed out. 

I've tried resetting my Spotify account password but it hasn't allowed me to change my email on the profile page and my email address remains as the old one on Spotify. I am still able to login through Facebook (which is now registered to the new email address) though.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Update: The solution was to have Spotify support modify my account details manually. The reason given was that recent changes to Facebook has disabled account info syncing between the two services. 

I was also given the option to unlink Facebook and have a standalone Spotify account, with the caveat that it is irreversible and I will never be able to link this account to Facebook again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

That's a little strange, but at least you can still login to your account, that's the main priority!

I would give it a little while, maybe a few days, the change may sync through in a little while. If not, get in touch with Spotify's support team directly.

Marked as solution

Update: The solution was to have Spotify support modify my account details manually. The reason given was that recent changes to Facebook has disabled account info syncing between the two services. 

I was also given the option to unlink Facebook and have a standalone Spotify account, with the caveat that it is irreversible and I will never be able to link this account to Facebook again.

Marvellous! Glad you got the issue fixed, and thanks for coming back to let us know about the solution! 😀

Suggested posts