Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancel my subscription through iTunes, will I lose my data?

Solved!

Cancel my subscription through iTunes, will I lose my data?

I currently have a Spotify Premium plan paid through iTunes and need to cancel it in order to switch to a Premium Duo plan through Spotify. Will I lose all my music data, including playlists? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @cmwl97,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

No worries, you keep all your playlists, saved music, and listening history no matter which plan you switch to or from (including the free plan).

You can cancel your existing Premium plan through iTunes by following these steps

After canceling, your Premium will stay until your next billing date (which you can view on your account page). At that time, your account will revert to the free plan. 

You can then start a Premium Duo plan here, or join a Premium Duo plan after its plan manager sends you an invite (they can follow these steps to invite you to the plan).

Bear in mind that Spotify users must reside at the same address as the Premium Duo plan manager in order to accept an invite to the plan. Note as well that members can only switch between different Premium Duo and Premium Family plans once a year.

You can also read more about how Premium Duo works in this support article and in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @cmwl97,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

No worries, you keep all your playlists, saved music, and listening history no matter which plan you switch to or from (including the free plan).

You can cancel your existing Premium plan through iTunes by following these steps

After canceling, your Premium will stay until your next billing date (which you can view on your account page). At that time, your account will revert to the free plan. 

You can then start a Premium Duo plan here, or join a Premium Duo plan after its plan manager sends you an invite (they can follow these steps to invite you to the plan).

Bear in mind that Spotify users must reside at the same address as the Premium Duo plan manager in order to accept an invite to the plan. Note as well that members can only switch between different Premium Duo and Premium Family plans once a year.

You can also read more about how Premium Duo works in this support article and in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts