Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot connect to facebook

Cannot connect to facebook

So here is my problem. I created Spotify account through Facebook. I used it for many years, then I deleted my Facebook profile completely. Ending with my Spotify account name being just string of numbers.

I want my account name to be something cooler than just that ))

So I found out that I can connect my spotify account to facebook (I have one again), but I dont see the option in Settings anywhere.

HELP ME, I am not just string of numbers. I have personality, I promise )))

Screenshot 2019-05-15 at 17.15.29.png
4 Replies

Hey there @user-removed,

thanks for posting !

I'd suggest the following:

- Reach your account page online here

- Click "Sign Out Everywhere"

- Reconnect on all devices using your FB credentials

- Visit your "Privacy Settings" here and check the "Process my FB data"

- Visit your "Privacy Settings" on your FB app and make sure Spotify has all permissions needed.

Let me know how it goes 😃

Thank you for your answer!

The thing is, I dont have my account connected with Facebook. And I dont have facebook connected to any account. So if I try to use my facebook to login into spotify, it fails.

Hey there @user-removed,

thanks for the update!

If you have never connected the 2 and want to, it'll be a good idea checking out this help page.

When initialy creating a Spotify account you can either use FB for it or E-Mail.

Let me know how it goes 😃

That is the first thing I have tried, but as mentioned in my original post - I dont have that option there (as shown on screenshot).

So I am out of ideas what else I can do. I honestly think this is a bug - Spotify does not know what to do if you delete your FB account but do not remove the connection to (now) non-existent FB account in Spotify settings.

Any chance you have other ideas?
Thank you!

Suggested posts