Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Cannot connect to facebook

Cannot connect to facebook

So here is my problem. I created Spotify account through Facebook. I used it for many years, then I deleted my Facebook profile completely. Ending with my Spotify account name being just string of numbers.

I want my account name to be something cooler than just that ))

So I found out that I can connect my spotify account to facebook (I have one again), but I dont see the option in Settings anywhere.

HELP ME, I am not just string of numbers. I have personality, I promise )))

Screenshot 2019-05-15 at 17.15.29.png
4 Replies

Hey there @user-removed,

thanks for posting !

I'd suggest the following:

- Reach your account page online here

- Click "Sign Out Everywhere"

- Reconnect on all devices using your FB credentials

- Visit your "Privacy Settings" here and check the "Process my FB data"

- Visit your "Privacy Settings" on your FB app and make sure Spotify has all permissions needed.

Let me know how it goes 😃

Thank you for your answer!

The thing is, I dont have my account connected with Facebook. And I dont have facebook connected to any account. So if I try to use my facebook to login into spotify, it fails.

Hey there @user-removed,

thanks for the update!

If you have never connected the 2 and want to, it'll be a good idea checking out this help page.

When initialy creating a Spotify account you can either use FB for it or E-Mail.

Let me know how it goes 😃

That is the first thing I have tried, but as mentioned in my original post - I dont have that option there (as shown on screenshot).

So I am out of ideas what else I can do. I honestly think this is a bug - Spotify does not know what to do if you delete your FB account but do not remove the connection to (now) non-existent FB account in Spotify settings.

Any chance you have other ideas?
Thank you!

Suggested posts